The 1918 pandemic

Help Support CattleToday:

I keep thinking that there may have been some medical research done since 1918, so as to better know how to handle such situations.

At the same time (and this is a longshot), I keep hoping that our government is not the cause of, and driving force behind, this flu scare and the associated panic.

The drug companies that produce the 2 available flu treatments would sure be making a bunch of money over it........... . Texas has already declared a statewide disaster (read--governor on the board of a drug co. that sells the flu drug).

I think the main thing we need to watch for is to not rile up the muslims by talking about pigs. Gotta be pc you know.

The thing the is helping the effort is that the virus will respond with treatments of Tamiflu and Relenza within the first 24 to 48 hrs. Everybody that gets infected and takes one of those products needs to take the exact dose and finish the prescription. The virus will take a total turn for the worse if H1N1 becomes resistant to either Tamiflu or Relenza. That's when it will get scary.

Latest posts