The 1776 Commission

Help Support CattleToday:

Don't ask, search out the truth. We are all so capable with these computers at our fingertips and as with human nature, we take the easy short cut and listen to what someone says because it's hard to believe. Interviews with people are opinions and should be printed on TP .

I was once standing in the refrigerated section, not so happy about the quality of steaks in Publix grocery, in Florida, and approached by a guy also looking for meat. I mentioned I can't wait to grow my own.

He asked why would I want to do that when I can come to buy it here at the store where they make it.
What was so funny? He had a good question.
Why grow your own if all you want are the steaks?
Butcher shops make steaks daily, buying choice boxed beef and custom cutting
the different steaks. Very convenient and worth the price.

Sorry, didn't explain it at your level.....

He assumed they "made" meat at the grocery store.
Did he really?
isn't it more likely he assumed they made the cuts of meat at the store and you
misunderstood him?

His point is valid for many people.
Why have cattle or a garden to grow your own when supply is plentiful
and convenient?

America today ---rush to judge others by only hearing what we want to hear.

You don't MAKE meat. America today is so quick to forget where food comes from. There are thousands of school age kids that don't know the names of comon vegetables. There are thousands of people that don't know where food comes from. Heck we have a US Representitive that didn't know food grew in dirt! Just yesterday I spoke to my neighbor I gave some free range eggs to lask week, ask why there were no chickens in them when he cracked them open.
..... and then we get to you, I'll let this alone, it's just too easy!

You resemble your last statment....

You don't MAKE meat. There are thousands of school age kids that don't know the names of comon vegetables.

Just yesterday I spoke to my neighbor I gave some free range eggs to lask week, ask why there were no chickens in them when he cracked them open.
My bad, I didn't look at your location before posting.
I apologize.

Cancelling the Keystone pipeline and drilling on federal lands was good for O&G is the US. Why take in Canada's oil when we have plenty of our own. Drilling on private land is better than federal land also.

Here comes the next boom...
I wouldn't count on it unless you mean artificially higher prices due to supply constraints.

I wouldn't count on it unless you mean artificially higher prices due to supply constraints.
What supply constraints?

The build up to the boom has already started just like when Obama was in office and he did the same stuff.

These exact same "restraints" led to the US being the largest oil producer in the world. Another sham pulled on Democrats by their own leaders. They hate fossil fuels but we always produce more under Dem presidents... and more guns are sold.🤣🤣🤣

Last edited:
The Saudi Arabia cut production by 1 million barrels per day recently which is probably having a bigger effect.

Traditionally (to the best of my knowledge) Canadian oil was used as feedstock to keep American refineries busy producing petroleum products for export because it was against the law to sell domestic oil oversees. I suppose that model has changed somewhat since it is now legal to export oil from the US.
Personally I was never for exporting unrefined product from this country, those are jobs going down those pipelines. I'm hoping (but not optimistic) that we are clever enough to take advantage of this opportunity and build refining capacity in this country and export the products to the highest bidder. But probably much like during the BSE crisis, we will get geared up with permits and financing in place and suddenly the border will open back up again.

Latest posts