That's a different way to go

Help Support CattleToday:

Even though to take your own life is murder you won't get tried for it here on earth.
And if you was to get tried by the almighty you would hardly have time to ask for forgivness.
Just a thought.

Cal

I gave seen first hand what suicide do to the immediate family, I'll stick with its a selfish act...

KNERSIE":2xhol66h said:
I gave seen first hand what suicide do to the immediate family, I'll stick with its a selfish act...

Yep.. thats the only reason I said that in the first place. I had a close friend, whose Dad gambled the farm (literally) away. Borrowed when he told his wife and family he would not anymore.. then did it anyway. Then he turned around and did it again...borrowed money...gambled it away.. ALL of it. His wife found out AFTER her two sons found him hanging from a rope in the barn out back. To this day, his sons hate him for doing that to them, and especially their mother. Only thing she got out of the deal was bigger dept, and NO land, NO cattle, and NO insurance payoff. Sad.. but true.

Limomike":1asgep9z said:
KNERSIE":1asgep9z said:

Yep.. thats the only reason I said that in the first place. I had a close friend, whose Dad gambled the farm (literally) away. Borrowed when he told his wife and family he would not anymore.. then did it anyway. Then he turned around and did it again...borrowed money...gambled it away.. ALL of it. His wife found out AFTER her two sons found him hanging from a rope in the barn out back. To this day, his sons hate him for doing that to them, and especially their mother. Only thing she got out of the deal was bigger dept, and NO land, NO cattle, and NO insurance payoff. Sad.. but true.

My aunt, who was a wealthy career woman committed suicide in 1988, no warning, left no note. My grandmother was told she died of a heart attack and when all the family was there the remaining brothers ans sisters told her the truth after the funeral, it's a day I'll never forget. That same grandmother died at 99 years of age and even just a few days before her death she still talked to me about it 15 years later saying she couldn't understand why Linda did that.

i know an auctioneer that got into gambling bigtime.an he owed the big boys in vagas prolly over $100,000 or more.an his dad finally found out about it an finally payed him out.but then he didnt learn his lesson an did it again.an the last time he killed hisself because of it.

Limomike":t2g9xe8b said:
KNERSIE":t2g9xe8b said:

Seems they had every right to hate him even before he took his life. I know two people very closely that took their lives and it was anything but selfish. One, was betrayed by one of his closest friends and the betrayal put him in dior financial conditions. He was fixing to lose everything he had worked his whole life for so he took his life because he figured he was worth more to his family dead than alive since his life insurance policy (owned by his wife) paid off and she didn't lose everything. The other person I know came down with cancer and after being terminated from her insurance policy and her job she saw her life's savings being paid in medical bills. The doctors told her she was free of cancer and two months later they found it in her lymph nodes but they said they could treat it like they did the last time. Only thing she had left was her house, land and horses and wasn't about to lose all of this just so she could suffer another few months and leave her son nothing so she opted out. I know it was hard on her son but if he doesn't already know it he will soon know that she did it was the best for all concerned. I know this because I am an executor to a trust and reading her instructions it all makes perfect sense to me and was anything but selfish. When her son turns forty he will be given a very nice surprise and he will better understand his mother and why she did what she did.

It all has to do with ownership of the policy. Just like with taxes. This is another reason why you should never own your own policy.

Limomike":3dg57uhx said:
hooknline":3dg57uhx said:
I didn't think life insurance pays out in the case of suicide.

Some do. (usually after 2 years) most dont.
My life policy covers suicide but as you say Limomike there was a 2yr waiting period. It does exclude alcohol and drug consumption and quite frankly I can't see anyone having the guts to kill themselves without either one of those influencing factors, so the Insurers cover themselves well.

Ok, mine pays out after 2 years with no alc or drug exclusions. Decisions decisions.

hooknline":2f92csc0 said:
Ok, mine pays out after 2 years with no alc or drug exclusions. Decisions decisions.
I can't believe that, have you checked the fine print :) . You planning something?

Nope. Just made me want to go check. The rest was tongue in cheek. Or was it ? Lol

You need to be sure you are not listed as the owner of the policy and its also wise to check to be sure the beneficiary is who you actually want it to be. Most insurers will stick your name down automatically as insured and policy owner but if you want the money to go to your spouse with no strings or taxes attached you need to put them as the owner and beneficiary otherwise you could possibly give half of it to Uncle Sam and he can hand out free cell phones to everyone which I'm sure may seem like a good thing to you, but unlike you, I am a selfish and when I die I want every dime of my policy to go to my wife instead of a mere half. Its splitting hairs but it can also be beneficial to have your spouse actually write the check even if it comes out of a joint bank account. This is sortof silly but for some reason it sometimes matters to the IRS cause they are all about everyone having a smart phone and they will go to great lengths to be sure they do.

Jogeephus":dc39bkde said:
You need to be sure you are not listed as the owner of the policy and its also wise to check to be sure the beneficiary is who you actually want it to be. Most insurers will stick your name down automatically as insured and policy owner but if you want the money to go to your spouse with no strings or taxes attached you need to put them as the owner and beneficiary otherwise you could possibly give half of it to Uncle Sam and he can hand out free cell phones to everyone which I'm sure may seem like a good thing to you, but unlike you, I am a selfish and when I die I want every dime of my policy to go to my wife instead of a mere half. Its splitting hairs but it can also be beneficial to have your spouse actually write the check even if it comes out of a joint bank account. This is sortof silly but for some reason it sometimes matters to the IRS cause they are all about everyone having a smart phone and they will go to great lengths to be sure they do.
We all have to be equal. :bang: :bang: :bang:

dun":1vwcz8kl said:
It's better then the way the schmuck that blew up himself and his kids along with him.

Its terrible that story-the courts should not have let that guy even see his kids, I mean his wife disappeared and everyone knows he is responsible, they said that the lawyer told the news that the kids were starting to say that they saw the Mom in the trunk that night-if the guy wanted to end his life fine, but the kids were innocents-plus he used a hatchet on them first-just terrible

I knew a kid in high school that put a bag over his head and killed himself that way-we never understood why as he was popular and well liked by all-

Suicide is hard to comprehend. I can't imagine being that hopeless. I bet I am at much higher risk to commit homocide than suicide.

A family that my husband gew up with, the dad blew his brains out in the driveway for no apparent reason. Kids were grade school age I believe. The one kid we are still in touch with has had a train wreck of a life. Rides a bicycle now, too many DUI's to have a license to drive anymore.

In this state, until a County reaches 40K population, the County Prosecutor's office acts as County Coroner. Whooopy! Just reached 40K this year, so they'll be electing a coroner the next time around. Have seen the bad and the worst in my spot.

Latest posts