That'll do pig. That'll do.

Help Support CattleToday:

MurraysMutts

Reaction score
20220201_163518.jpg
Surely 4 bales and leftovers will get em thru the blizzard eh? Should be sunny skies by Saturday! Wind chills are forecast well below zero. Hope we get 2 feet of snow! 13 pairs and a Hungry Hungry Hereford Bull.

Got 2 idiots at home that may calve. Hope they wait til after! Bessie looks like she will hold. I don't know about Ellie Moo, she's always hard to tell.

Anyone else got the hay stacked up for em???

Yes! 9 bales for feed and rolled out some junk bales for bedding, even though most of them will end up at the barn or in the woods. It's gonna get real!!! We don't generally get much snow but up to 10" predicted with 30 mph gusts, rained all day today and temps plummeting to the negatives.

Glad you got your idiots at home. Even if they're not due for weeks, weather like this will make them pop 'em out.

Got several bales out at home also. I did like you, @TCRanch tho I didn't unroll. I put a couple extra lesser quality bales out for them to snuggle if they see fit.

After the calf got stepped on, in the barn, I'm hesitant about opening it up. I MAY go ahead and let em have it for a few days. It's an excellent wind block.

I have the breezeway of mine opened up for that reason. And guess where the calves lay? And where the cows calve? We've had about 15" of snow the last couple weeks and they've barely went in there. We're supposed to get a lot of freezing rain and snow with this storm so I may lock any cows with calves or close to calving in there until its over. They always pick the worst nights. Had a heifer calve last week one evening it got down to -10 F. Didn't work out well.

Latest posts