That was not expected

Help Support CattleToday:

CowboyRam

Reaction score
That new to us Massey 6615 had a loader that worked really slow, so we took it to the dealer have it worked on. They thought it needed a new valve block, so we replaced it. Well that didn't seem to help. There was a some slop in the the joystick, so we thought maybe it needed to be replaced. They recommended we remove the third function, so we said do it. They took it off, and found a seat valve pin in an elbow. I am not sure if it came from the old valve block or the third function. The third function is an aftermarket product. 20220404_111716.jpg

This little seat valve cost up 6 grand. I am thinkin that is why the pervious owner got rid of this tractor. Even with the extra money we spent I still think we got a fairly good deal. Once the loader was working properly it was a pleasure to run. I think we are going to like this tractor.

While this may not be common in the industry it does occur too often, resulting in lost time and revenue.
I am concerned the application of the computer chip, while technically superior may trading a head ache for a migrane.

Wonder where the spring that was behind the valve went! That is probably out of the loader valve and once it was replaced the system was OK except for the restriction.

I'd have them reinstall the 3rd function. It's a nice (and expensive option).

Wonder where the spring that was behind the valve went! That is probably out of the loader valve and once it was replaced the system was OK except for the restriction.

I'd have them reinstall the 3rd function. It's a nice (and expensive option).
Good question, who knows where it went; maybe it is still inside the old valve. The mechanic was kinda stumped on this one. The even talked with Massey's help center. I don't think they would of found the problem if they had not taken off the third function. We kept the the third function valve block just in case we ever have a need for it.