That Was Funny!

Help Support CattleToday:

I luv herfrds":3htbemar said:
Well excuse me, pardon me, forgive me almighty CT Forum crowd!

I hear by promise to no longer share anything I think is funny or anything else.

Guess I will go "pout" now as sky said or as I like to say get out from in front of the computer and off the internet and live my life.
Go pull your big girl panties up and adjust your sense of humor while you are at it. (Better yet, your whole attitude in general.)
If you are going to work in a profession that the public respects, be respectful! Some one that knows their stuff, does not boast about it.

branguscowgirl":jp516x1w said:
I luv herfrds":jp516x1w said:

I hear by promise to no longer share anything I think is funny or anything else.

Guess I will go "pout" now as sky said or as I like to say get out from in front of the computer and off the internet and live my life.
Go pull your big girl panties up and adjust your sense of humor while you are at it. (Better yet, your whole attitude in general.)
If you are going to work in a profession that the public respects, be respectful! Some one that knows their stuff, does not boast about it.

This is the reply that needs to be repeated. :clap:

Working with the public in a professional capacity there are stories that you share with your friends, and then there are stories that will never be repeated to anyone but your co-workers. Knowing the difference between the two is what makes you a professional. The later stories are usually much funnier.

500x700px-LL-f065719a_18042227_118036574254.jpeg

Thanks Brangus Cowgirl for stepping up. I don't post unless have something significant to offer.
I think Your post spot on. All in medical/legal profession held to somewhat higher standard than
run of mill population. You are not a WalMart or 7-11 counter clerk. You are supposed to have
advanced training, exemplary character, and professionalism. All "professions" are held to
somewhat higher standard than run of the mill population, as it should be. We all have to submit
to state/federal standards above and beyond state laws. I can appreciate that EMT stressful job,
but if You can't handle that, get out, o/w You're
doing no-one any favors.
Wilson L Parmer, DVM

You are not a WalMart or 7-11 counter clerk.
Actually, she is, who also happens to work as an EMT. It is obvious which of her positions is most closely aligned with her true self.
Professionalism is not always defined by the career. I've known mail clerks with more professionalism than some lawyers, but thankfully most professionals do understand what the word means and they behave accordingly, knowing when, where and how it is appropriate to let their hair down, and when it isn't. I'm glad to say that this one's attitude does not represent the majority of EMTs or firefighters whom I've come into contact with.

I luv herfrds":zkttacxt said:

I don't know if you're going to see this, or will take it serious if you do, but I'm here to tell you that when branguscowgirl tells you you're messing up, it's time to pay attention.

Ol' 243":2tgktyug said:
People sure are dang touchy these days.

Easily offended too. We have to quit calling slave relays "slave relays". We have to quit calling master relays "Master relays".

It makes me wonder about master cylinders and such. Is the auto industry also changing terminology? If they are not politically correct people may buy bicycles.

Rafter S":b0kqznn3 said:
I luv herfrds":b0kqznn3 said:

I don't know if you're going to see this, or will take it serious if you do, but I'm here to tell you that when branguscowgirl tells you you're messing up, it's time to pay attention.
I am not so sure about that Rafter...........there are probably plenty of folks that would beg to differ! :lol: But thank you for the compliment.

One thing that I am pretty sure of, there is most likely no license involved here. Anyone that studies, trains, and is a Medical Professional of any kind, is taught a code of ethics and conduct that governs their behavior while acting as a public servant.
When I am in jeans and boots working cattle, I may cuss like a sailor! If I am in scrubs and on hospital grounds I change so much that no one even believes that I raise cattle and run a farm. (Much less cuss!) :mrgreen:

You not only have a code of conduct that is expected of you, there is your license at stake! I am pretty sure that inappropriate use of a siren in an ambulance would be against the law. A licensed person would be risking their hard earned education and career.
If I used hospital equipment in an illegal manner, my job and license would be gone in a heart beat.

Latest posts