That moment on new pasture

Help Support CattleToday:

Dusty Britches

Reaction score
The cows said they were tired of hay and wanted to get onto the oats. They tore down the hotwire and stood next to the oats, which is fenced with 4 strand barb wire. Happy cows and happy bull.

y4mKBnznTrrzhrKPbC2tVS0I1C7rKvNAEtBK8AOPZbGt3EyOdX4Qbw5x-HdawJZrGilZSES8gg6pLW1W3ppqoZB3xs_Qf73Sp6Njo7wOAjfZGzb9mpcMm07LKx0vvXRmTQYCAYtcr9ZNXjpH72YrPCuedbv0Mc9Llrwri7n74mnpjePXEzb_HiHL1d7RQ2KkidV

I can see why they were anxious to get in there. looks like an outstanding herd in the pics. "happy cows happy life" I think someone quoted that but don't know who.

The cows said they were tired of hay and wanted to get onto the oats. They tore down the hotwire and stood next to the oats, which is fenced with 4 strand barb wire. Happy cows and happy bull.

y4mKBnznTrrzhrKPbC2tVS0I1C7rKvNAEtBK8AOPZbGt3EyOdX4Qbw5x-HdawJZrGilZSES8gg6pLW1W3ppqoZB3xs_Qf73Sp6Njo7wOAjfZGzb9mpcMm07LKx0vvXRmTQYCAYtcr9ZNXjpH72YrPCuedbv0Mc9Llrwri7n74mnpjePXEzb_HiHL1d7RQ2KkidV
Looks great Dusty. Where did you get the bull? Would like to find one like that.

I got him from Jimmy and Claudia Atlas Atlas Farms in Grandview, TX. Last year their bull, a full brother to mine, won the San Antonio best in show. Their operation is amazing because they don't spend money on facilities but on improving stock. They halter break all bull calves and when they are weaned they decide which ones will be show stock. They keep halter breaking until they are a year old.

Give Jimmy a call and mention Tracey Sadler referred you. 214-202-5178

I sold my first set of calves from this bull and I'm singing all of the way to the bank! avg $159 on the steers for a per head avg $819 and $150 on the heifers for a per head avg of $764. They were all 5 weights. Even the sale barn owner wrote on the check - "good job, nice calves". The fact that he took the time to find that check and write that says as much to me as the money.

Thank you. That heifer behind him was outstanding. I talked to the Atlas' last night and they are trying to encourage me to take a pen of 5 heifers to San Antonio in a year or 2 but I think my calving dates won't line up with that.

DB> Your bull is sufficient (or better) in my opinion. Get a good quality 8 or 10 joule energizer and revisit the fence situation.
Hope your pasture still looks that good. LVR

DB> Your bull is sufficient (or better) in my opinion. Get a good quality 8 or 10 joule energizer and revisit the fence situation.
Hope your pasture still looks that good. LVR
I had a Hereford bull hot wire meant nothing to him.
Get in it beller and keep pushing through fence to fight.
That character flaw caused him to go to McDonalds.