That didn't take long

Help Support CattleToday:

VanC

Reaction score
New AD fired Ron Zook this morning. No big surprise there. I'm guessing the decision was made at least 2 or 3 weeks ago, if not sooner. Be interesting to see how he does with his first big hire. Haven't been a big Zook basher since he came here but I feel better already.

Let us know when you hear some "solid" (stuff that sound more than just rumor) names being tossed around. Jim Tressel is still needing a job...... Please take Lou Holtz, a person on national tv who can't pronounce "Oregon" correctly needs a new job. Also, I guarantee that some idiot media guy here in Oregon is going to report Mike Belloti is talking to Ill.

Good luck!

Yea poor old Dr Lou' s theeth get in his way a lot .. its kinda funny . They may have to take a coordinator with all the jobs comimg open...

It sounds like slick Rick is going to get the boot at UCLA. They are at 6-6 this season, they lost to USC last Saturday 50-0. The funny thing is UCLA backed into the Pac 12 title game (the best the south div could offer) and if they beat Oregon they go to the Rose Bowl at 7-6. Early line has the ducks by 30.... We'll hope the duck don't mess things up.

Alan

Looks like quite a few jobs are opening up this year ... Ohio st hired Meyer officially today .. I give him 4 years to quit again ....

Dennis Erickson is looking for work, Arizona St. started great, like the Illini, and fell on their face. As posted earlier, lots of spots opening up. How would it feel to practice all week for the Pac 12 championship game and already being told it's your last game as coach at UCLA?

Looks like the good folks at Washington State can look forward to some exciting football after signing Mike Leach as new head coach. A couple of years and they'll be lighting up the scoreboard.

TexasBred":8s5giugg said:
Looks like the good folks at Washington State can look forward to some exciting football after signing Mike Leach as new head coach. A couple of years and they'll be lighting up the scoreboard.

Good for them, I hadn't heard that. I like the cougars.

The Pac 12 has fired one third of their coaches (4 of12). Tedford's coaching job at Cal is getting a bit warm also.

Commercialfarmer":2uaubfih said:
Rumor here is that A&M is looking to make a change as well. Lot of talk about guys in the know and such.
It's official..Mike Sherman is no longer A&M coach.

Heard that today TB. Looks like A&M wants to make a clean start in the SEC.

BTW, heard a rumor that FLA will be visiting A&M next year.

LRTX1":a2r39l9w said:
Heard that today TB. Looks like A&M wants to make a clean start in the SEC.

BTW, heard a rumor that FLA will be visiting A&M next year.
I have a good friend with season tickets to atm .. ill be there if Florida plays them next year .. sure hope muschamp can get the ship righted by then ... Recruiting is going well for the gators .. if urban doesn't try to poach to many of our coaches and recruits .. oh and I sure feel sorry for who ever is getting the dazzler ..

TexasBred":13jf08jg said:
Commercialfarmer":13jf08jg said:
Rumor here is that A&M is looking to make a change as well. Lot of talk about guys in the know and such.
It's official..Mike Sherman is no longer A&M coach.
They just wanted to be able to use the excuse of transition year or new coaches as an excuse for losing in the sec..

TB, did Sherman replace RC? Or was there a coach in between? What's your thoughts as bigger than me A&M fan about the coaching move and going head first into the SEC. My thought, coach had to go, losing that many leads and games, the SEC may be a watch out for what you wish for thing.

Alan

Alan":16fj6m19 said:
TB, did Sherman replace RC? Or was there a coach in between? What's your thoughts as bigger than me A&M fan about the coaching move and going head first into the SEC. My thought, coach had to go, losing that many leads and games, the SEC may be a watch out for what you wish for thing.

Alan
Francione (sp) was there a few years after RC.

JS the Aggies are always in transition for whatever that's worth.......but for whatever it's worth I bet we win more games next year than TU and against better competition :cowboy:

I don't see how derick dooley still has a job ..I think atm will do well getting away from Texas.. it will help them recruit playing in the sec.. and I'm not saying Texas is that great of a team just help them get some of the recruits away from Texas .
Tb if atm hires charley strong from Louisville they will have an sec defence for sure.. looks like its between him and sumlin from Houston .. id go with the defence coach .. unless they want to be like Arkansas .. win some games but never win it all ..

Latest posts