Thanks

Help Support CattleToday:

I was wondering when someone would finally bring up the reason for this holiday. Thank you

Was in Colorado last week and had the privilege of attending the memorial ceremony at the academy's cemetery. I also was able to place some flowers on a friend's grave. It was good to see that I wasn't the only one bearing tokens of gratitude and rememberance.

IMG_4370.jpg

It is the
VETERAN,
not the preacher,
who has given us freedom of religion.

It is
the VETERAN,
not the reporter,
who has given us freedom of the press.

It is
the VETERAN,
not the poet,
who has given us freedom of speech.

It is
the VETERAN,
not the campus organizer,
who has given us freedom to assemble.

It is
the VETERAN,
not the lawyer,
who has given us the right to a fair trial.

It is
the VETERAN,
not the politician,
Who has given us the right to vote.

It is the
VETERAN who
salutes the Flag,

THANKS!!
It's the people like ya'll on CT that makes the sacrifice worth it.
God bless those who are serving our country and those of you who served. :clap: :clap:

Jogeephus":akprysal said:
Was in Colorado last week and had the privilege of attending the memorial ceremony at the academy's cemetery. I also was able to place some flowers on a friend's grave. It was good to see that I wasn't the only one bearing tokens of gratitude and rememberance.

IMG_4370.jpg

We were at the Academy last week too!

With our family Memorial Day is special. I have two nephews serving, one brother retired - who still works for a military contactor, and my dad the Vietnam vet. Today I'll be bringing my 5 year old boy to go fish with Paw Paw

Thanks to all vets!

Forgot to put up:

We went to the Bayou Fest in Baton Rouge Saturday and Sunday. Yesterday, right before Kenny Chesney came on, they did a satellite hook up on the big screens with some local military serving overseas. It was a really nice gesture. Kenny Chesney came out to perform and thanked all of them for their service. At one point in the show (can't remember if it was during Brooks and Dunn or Kenny, four military - representing the four branches marched onstage) They all saluted at the same time and the crowd went wild. Goose bumps for all. Kenny Chesney can't be all bad after all ;-)

Thanks to all our Vererans. Brave men and women who faithfully served, and those faithful citizens who appreciate it.
~Tom

My thanks as well to all who serve, have served, and those who gave their lives in service. I know that my peace and freedom comes at a price I can't repay.

Thank you to all who have served, continue to serve and to those who have fallen in the line of service. :tiphat: Thank you for helping me to keep my freedom.

One grandfather who served in the US Army in WWI. Other granfather who was in the US Airforce during WWII. Uncle who served in the US Army during Korean conflict. A cousin who served in the US Airforce during Desert Storm, also did a stint in Afghanistan. A brother-in-law who was in the US Marines.

The neighbor's one grandson joined the US Airforce this time last year.

Thank you all.

Katherine

There are Soldiers all around our Globe who fight for our freedom least we forget. God Bless them all. American - British - Canadian - Australian and alike. and for the fallen ones may they rest in peace.

chrisy":30ib9dr9 said:
There are Soldiers all around our Globe who fight for our freedom least we forget. God Bless them all. American - British - Canadian - Australian and alike. and for the fallen ones may they rest in peace.
Amen
My dad will be 91 in July - served in WWII - ornery old fart! I love him.

Jeanne - Simme Valley":283kwwmy said:
chrisy":283kwwmy said:
Amen

Enjoy every second you can with him, Dad would be 96 this Sept and has been gone since June 6,02. Dad served in WWII and Korea.
Jeanne we are the luckiest people on earth to have been raised by that generation.

Caustic Burno":b04iwrc9 said:
Jeanne - Simme Valley":b04iwrc9 said:
chrisy":b04iwrc9 said:
Amen

Enjoy every second you can with him, Dad would be 96 this Sept and has been gone since June 6,02. Dad served in WWII and Korea.
Jeanne we are the luckiest people on earth to have been raised by that generation.
My Dad would have been 89 this year, he didn't serve as a Soldier in the war he was in what was called essential work, it was kept secret what he did for years because of the Secret acts, He was at Bletchley Park working on ULTRA...ie. the decryption of encrypted German radio, Enigma machine. as kids we were told he layed runways for the planes, it wasn't until he had died we found out from our Aunty, what he realy did. Wish I had known as I would have had a million questions to ask him, he met Churchill, Gordon Welchman, and Barnes Wallis. If only he could have told us I bet there would have been some great stories.
securedownload-5.gif

Latest posts