Thanks

Help Support CattleToday:

Lammie":2s2axcve said:
It is still raining on and off here. Every day since Thursday. I love the rain but maybe not all at once. It will be back in the ninties this time next week. This is that time of year that tricks some folks into believing it's fall. Summer is gonna be here a while longer. Love the cooler temps now, though.

A little lesson on complaining how it rains...

A couple years ago, I too complained the way the rains came. 4 inches in a few hours. 10 inches over a day. Sounds great but the trouble was it wouldn't rain again for 30-40 days. How can anything grow and flourish with the rain comming so far apart? I mean, when everthing but an inch or so run down the creek, what good does that do? Well, over time when the rain came it would rain 1/4 - 1/2 inch, then all it could do is 1/10 to 2/10ths and the interval between went to 40 - 60 days. Sort of longed for the days when it rained 8 inches ever 40 days. So in conclusion Lammie. :p ......... Kwitchurbitchen! ...:lol: :lol:

It has rained here every day for a week. I'm not complaining. I like the idea of being able to graze longer. I love the green. I love the cooler temps. I'm not a big mud fan but it's better than dust, for sure.

I heard that. Amazing. The way things have greened up you wouldn't think we hadn't been needing rain. 7 days the cows go from trying to run over you in the pasture to see if you have some goodies to laying around ignoring you.

We got 7 1/2 inches over 4 days, but I don't think their is a place where you would get stuck. Not yet anyway. The ground did soften up a bunch.

1982vett":2egyy1ho said:
We got 7 1/2 inches over 4 days, but I don't think their is a place where you would get stuck. Not yet anyway. The ground did soften up a bunch.

I hate to admit this but I thought I could drive across about 75 ft of ground that I had deep plowed the week before. :oops: :oops:

Cal

It has rained nearly 8 inches here in the last two-three days. Weather liars call for rain through Wednesday with a 50% or greater chance each day (That means it will be sunny and warm). Anyways, the creeks are over flowing, everything is soggy, it is a mud bog and the bermuda field is partially underwater that I just planted a month or so ago. I am upset about that.

Calman":1fv6x5ag said:
1982vett":1fv6x5ag said:

I hate to admit this but I thought I could drive across about 75 ft of ground that I had deep plowed the week before. :oops: :oops:

Cal

Oh....I though you meant - toodling around the pasture checkin on the cows not watching were you were going - kind of stuck.

S&WSigma40VEShooter":22m70vij said:
It has rained nearly 8 inches here in the last two-three days. Weather liars call for rain through Wednesday with a 50% or greater chance each day (That means it will be sunny and warm). Anyways, the creeks are over flowing, everything is soggy, it is a mud bog and the bermuda field is partially underwater that I just planted a month or so ago. I am upset about that.
That ought to get the weeds to growing. :p

I have a half acre of pasture renovation I hand planted Tifton85 runners on last month. They are loving this.

I think that I'll take the credit for the central Texas rain! We left for Mexico last Friday, and it rained every single day we were gone! We got off the plane on Wednesday, and I thought we'd been gone for 6 months? It was under 90 degrees and everything was green! FABULOUS! I love mud, and I promise to never complain about it again. (Until winter when I'm trying to take hay out) Our pastures have come back really well, and we have rye grass vying with coastal now. Cows are happy, and hopeful cow prices will be up a little, as I still need to get rid of 8 or 10 older cows before winter hits!

TheBullLady":2gpuw3y2 said:
I think that I'll take the credit for the central Texas rain! We left for Mexico last Friday, and it rained every single day we were gone! We got off the plane on Wednesday, and I thought we'd been gone for 6 months? It was under 90 degrees and everything was green! FABULOUS! I love mud, and I promise to never complain about it again. (Until winter when I'm trying to take hay out) Our pastures have come back really well, and we have rye grass vying with coastal now. Cows are happy, and hopeful cow prices will be up a little, as I still need to get rid of 8 or 10 older cows before winter hits!

Can you take a vacation next July??

I think BullLady wants to buy a hacienda down their. I'm sure she won't mind taking donations in exchange for leaving the country so it will rain. :p Trouble is, Jogee already said it was because he spit in the sun's eye for me 6 months ago. So now I don't know who to pay. :D

Anybody notice the constant 15-25 mph winds left a while back?

Latest posts