Thanks Farm Fence Solutions

Help Support CattleToday:

Bright Raven

Reaction score
I just knew when I got my package it would be the Paslode Fencing Staple Gun....
:lol:

Thank you sir for the gifts. If I do fence again next spring I will require Kevin to use the Toranado woven.

:banana:

Bright Raven":3nxn4mqt said:
I just knew when I got my package it would be the Paslode Fencing Staple Gun....

Thank you sir for the gifts. If I do fence again next spring I will require Kevin to use the Toranado woven.

Well Mr. Dancing banana man you can just send it to me cause I'll actually put that gun to good use.

how do i get on the mailing list for these special packages?

Bright Raven":3na1ldf1 said:

I was going to send you the Stockade staple gun, but the shipping was outrageous. :lol:

Farm Fence Solutions":1caqs1pt said:
Bright Raven":1caqs1pt said:
:D

I was going to send you the Stockade staple gun, but the shipping was outrageous. :lol:
Thank you for the gifts. I have looked at the literature. Do you use the Fencing App?

Bigfoot":mj7i8ggt said:
Been reading about that stuff since he joined. Looks like good stuff.

Give me a shout if you ever want to try any out. Tornado is making us some 15.5 gauge barbed with 5" spacing to compete "apples for apples" with goucho. Price point should be good, and as always, the quality will be top of the line. On a different subject.....Are you raising your own roping stock?

SO that's why you asked me to put some wooden posts in that fence project you are working on over here, huh???

FWIW, my family (hubby, kids, me) leave next week to Mississippi for our national cattle event (feel sorry for us, hot and humidity we are not used to!). Ron has made it a yearly tradition to come out and watch the place, breed any stragglers that come into heat, and do farm chores for us (and work with his bulls we are developing for him). We have a big section of fence along the highway that needs to be replaced, so he agreed to tackle that project for us. We have been debating the project for weeks (I do not want the cows near the road while the fence is being replaced - but the timing has worked out in the rotation that they will be near!), got the H-braces, and we are putting the holes in the ground on Tuesday (rented a Toro Dingo TX525 to drill holes in our ROCK). We are hoping to use the existing t-poles, and replace the rotted out hedge posts that have been there forever (I thought t-posts, now he wants wood!)...
Any more talk about the project and I will explode! Let's just get it done!!! :clap: :lol2:

Bright Raven":270qb8kf said:
Farm Fence Solutions":270qb8kf said:
Bright Raven":270qb8kf said:

Thank you for the gifts. I have looked at the literature. Do you use the Fencing App?

I do use the fencing app. We are working out a few of the software bugs, and changing it to where you can do multiple fence lines/projects on the same quote. Before Tornado was ever a part of my life, I measured fence jobs using google earth on one computer, while I entered the data into an Excel spreadsheet that I programed to calculate materials on a second computer, all while on the phone with potential customers. I also have a labor multiplier that is somewhat a "seat of the pants" calculation, but accounts for degree of difficulty, travel, access, etc. Before I went to that system, I was spending a few days a week bidding jobs in person. Now we price it over the phone, and if they are serious about moving ahead, I'll go walk it with them.

Farm Fence Solutions":3pkeh5eg said:
Bigfoot":3pkeh5eg said:

Give me a shout if you ever want to try any out. Tornado is making us some 15.5 gauge barbed with 5" spacing to compete "apples for apples" with goucho. Price point should be good, and as always, the quality will be top of the line. On a different subject.....Are you raising your own roping stock?

Naw. It's cheaper to buy them. I definitely want some wire, when that comes about.

Fire Sweep Ranch":2vgc4yd4 said:
SO that's why you asked me to put some wooden posts in that fence project you are working on over here, huh???

FWIW, my family (hubby, kids, me) leave next week to Mississippi for our national cattle event (feel sorry for us, hot and humidity we are not used to!). Ron has made it a yearly tradition to come out and watch the place, breed any stragglers that come into heat, and do farm chores for us (and work with his bulls we are developing for him). We have a big section of fence along the highway that needs to be replaced, so he agreed to tackle that project for us. We have been debating the project for weeks (I do not want the cows near the road while the fence is being replaced - but the timing has worked out in the rotation that they will be near!), got the H-braces, and we are putting the holes in the ground on Tuesday (rented a Toro Dingo TX525 to drill holes in our ROCK). We are hoping to use the existing t-poles, and replace the rotted out hedge posts that have been there forever (I thought t-posts, now he wants wood!)...
Any more talk about the project and I will explode! Let's just get it done!!! :clap: :lol2:

I understand. When I do something (and fencing is not in my powerhouse), I want it to be as well done as possible within your budget and resources. Patience and planning pays dividends.

Bigfoot":3mmiit2k said:
Farm Fence Solutions":3mmiit2k said:
Bigfoot":3mmiit2k said:

Naw. It's cheaper to buy them. I definitely want some wire, when that comes about.

The 14 gauge 4 point ht is the best barbwire I've had my hands on. Nothing else will be used on my place.

callmefence":hbrfv9gw said:
Bigfoot":hbrfv9gw said:
Farm Fence Solutions":hbrfv9gw said:

The 14 gauge 4 point ht is the best barbwire I've had my hands on. Nothing else will be used on my place.

I couldn't agree more. :cowboy:

Latest posts