Thanking my lucky stars

Help Support CattleToday:

aussie_cowgirl

Reaction score
So this afternoon I find out that my other half had a car accident last night (he lives in my home town, I'm 700km away at uni). When I found out I called him and asked why he didn't tell me and he said he didn't want me to worry. He said he was driving home from a mates place in his recently bought V8 ute (or truck/pick up as some of you call it) and dipped his high beam lights for a car and a kangaroo jumped out, taking him by surprise. So he swerved to miss it and hit a tree. He was ok and the car had insurance so it was just a sore ego he was sporting.

A little later he calls me back and asks me if I promise I won't get angry at him, at which point I knew what was coming. Turns out he was actually mucking around and lost control, hitting a power pole with the drivers side. By this time he's struggling to form sentences. He was really upset. So I talked to him for a while, about the other things that could have happened, if he'd been killed, if a car/truck was coming the other way, if he'd killed another person or persons. At which point he burst out crying. He didn't want to tell me because he was worried I'd be disappointed and angry with him. I told him to live and learn.

Anyway the point of all this is I realise how lucky him, myself and anyone that cares about him is in that he was given this opportunity to realise what he was doing and change. Instead of something worse happening. He's shown genuine remorse and I feel lucky that he was given this opportunity where others weren't and I hope he uses this event wisely, because a lot of other people were never given that same chance.

Sorry for the heart bleed. It's one of those nights.

Glad he's ok. We have a lot of stuff to dodge around here but luckily we don't have any kangaroos.. (That I'm aware of) :nod:

TexasBred":2b2hf48k said:
Glad he's ok. We have a lot of stuff to dodge around here but luckily we don't have any kangaroos.. (That I'm aware of) :nod:

I've seen a boomer (male kangaroo) almost clear the width of a road in one bound. They tend to lurk on the edge of bush so on roads where the verges aren't cleared well it's a nightmare.