Thankful!

Help Support CattleToday:

farmwriter

Reaction score
My Daddy had 2 skin cancers removed today, one on the arm, one near his eye. While the one on his face is deep, they were able to get clear margins. Now if we can just get him to follow doctor's orders for the next few days...no sweating or heavy lifting.
Thank you, Lord!

I hope all is well with your dad.

Skin cancer is nothing to mess around with. I had a scare this year as well but thankfully it is a benign skin disorder. I used to be a sun worshiper when I was a teen..Now I wear spf 75 on my face everyday.

My dad had those taken off for as long as I can remember. It wasn't unusual to see old ranchers with chunks of their noses and ears missing from that. I'm glad he's okay.

Good to hear that he's doing ok. Keep an eye on them, my dad has been having the cut off for the last 15 or so years. I accuse my mother of beating on him after he has it done. :mrgreen:

Yeah, he looks like he's been in a fight. He goes back next Fri to remove stitches and perhaps cut two more spots.
He was supposed to have this done a while back, but mama was in a horse riding accident and had to have some serious surgeries afterward, so daddy postponed his. I was just relieved they were able to get it all since he waited so long. Thank you all for the well wishes.

Hang tough and hug him every time you have a chance.

My Dad was beating cancer but had a heart attack and passed on in '93. So you make darn sure he follows the doc's instructions. If he is a hard headed old coot, you're going to have to be a little harder headed than he is.

Backhoe, you must know him.
To give you some idea of what kind of man he is, he calls me on garbage day if my can is not down by the road to see if I want him to "come get my garbage up." I used to kind of find it insulting, but I know he means well.
He actually asked me to take two bales of hay from the hay barn to the horse barn yesterday (cause he's not supposed to lift anything heavy), and I know it must have just about killed him. I am extremely grateful that he asked, though.

Hope all goes well tomorrow, and that he is OK and asking for help, I know how stubborn Dad's can be, wish mine had asked for help more often. Keeping you all in my prayers. let us know how it goes....Take Care