Thank you vets

Help Support CattleToday:

had an Uncle in Normandy,one in the Marines in the Pacific,and Three cousins serve.One Air Force/Army Reserve,one Army Dr.who operated on Viet Nam casualties,and a Navy Captain. All survived to come home. I am thankful for that.

Commercialfarmer":hi3lqw1f said:
http://www.latimes.com/nation/la-na-warrior-main-20150524-story.html#navtype=outfit&page=1

Baroff, 90, finds himself startled when people learn of his war record and say, as Americans often do to soldiers these days, "Thank you for your service."

"You never, ever heard that in World War II. And the reason is, everybody served," he said.

In Baroff's view, today's all-volunteer military has been robbed of the sense of shared sacrifice and national purpose that his generation enjoyed six decades ago. Today's soldiers carry a heavier burden, he said, because the public has been disconnected from the universal responsibility and personal commitment required to fight and win wars.

"For us, the war was over in a few years. The enemy surrendered and were no longer a threat," he said. "For soldiers today, the war is never over; the enemy is never defeated." The result, he added, is "a state of perpetual anxiety that the rest of the country doesn't experience."

Agree or not, it's something to ponder on this weekend.

Profoundly accurate.

My Dad served in WW1 in Germany and France, he returned home to Missouri in 1917 when he was Honorably Discharged {I have his discharge papers} My two older brothers served Jimmy in the U S Navy and Clifford in the U s Army, both during WW11 on foreign soil. I served in Viet Nam, My deceased Son served in the U S Navy and today my oldest Grand Son is serving in the U S Navy. Do I have to tell you what I think of the Flag Burning Bast--ds that I see on the News. I do believe that if America does not make some serious changes in our current ways of conducting business and Americas Security, we won't have many more Memorial Days.