Thank you mother nature

Help Support CattleToday:

cypressfarms

Reaction score
Thank you very much, mother nature, for showing us in south Louisiana what it's like to get 3" of snow.I woke this morning to find everything covered in snow, the biggest snow fall recorded here since 1898.

Tractor didn't like it:
snowntractor.jpg

Cows didn't like it:
snowncows1.jpg

Heifers didn't like it:
snownheifers.jpg

So thanks mother nature. Now can you please return us to our regularly scheduled programming. I've had my fill of snow, want it gone, and am ready for spring!

Wow! I'd like to see that for a day or two. Its been nearly 20 years since I've seen snow. I bet your cows were freaking.

Welcome to my little corner of the world, all 200 days of it. Now add in some bone chillin' cold and you have yourself a Manitoba winter. Brrrr

Wow, that is something. We here are used to that and so we should be prepared even though we dread it every year and b@tch and moan but if you have never had weather like that and are not used to it :???: ..

I hope all is well with you and everyone in your area that got hit with that weather and that your cattle come out of this well.

:tiphat:

Jogeephus":14nr9xtw said:
Wow! I'd like to see that for a day or two. Its been nearly 20 years since I've seen snow. I bet your cows were freaking.

We probably remember the same thing. I remember that my kids were little and they all wanted to play in it. Seems that is was around 3 inches or so, and it shut down our entire community.

It was good to see it come, and better to see it go.........

my cousin called from mississippi yesterday an said they got 3 to 4in of snow on the ground as well.its weird weather when the southern states get heavy snows like that.

Gee, only 3 inches? We are suppose to get 7"-12" starting tonight and going into tomorrow. OT is under a Blizzard Watch and the entire state is under a Winter Storm Advisary clear into Sunday. Wait I think one county was not listed, but I think that was a mistake. :lol2:
Will trade you that 3 inches for the -20 plus below they are predicting.
Ok just changed it all to Watches.
Let the fun begin. (I am being sarcastic)

3" in Louisiana is amazing. I saw where it got down to near freezing in Houston... must have shocked some of those folks.

Oh wow,that is so cool. I'm glad ours did not stick.Atleast you do have a cab tractor. We don't,so I can just imagine which one of us would be out putting out round bales.

So much for global warming. :lol2:

Neat pics, hope y'all and cows down there are fine.

I luv herfrds":3irs1tgz said:
Gee, only 3 inches? We are suppose to get 7"-12" starting tonight and going into tomorrow. OT is under a Blizzard Watch and the entire state is under a Winter Storm Advisary clear into Sunday. Wait I think one county was not listed, but I think that was a mistake. :lol2:
Will trade you that 3 inches for the -20 plus below they are predicting.
Ok just changed it all to Watches.
Let the fun begin. (I am being sarcastic)

We are under that same Blizzard Watch. Hard to imagine, as it is beautiful out there right now. We have 3" of snow, it is slightly above freezing and there is NO wind (which is real rare here). But tonight it is supposed to start snowing, blowing and the temps are supposed to drop til we have -40 with the windchill. And this won't go away for about 3 months, at least you guys in the southen states shouldn't have to wait that long :banana:

randiliana":1s2z2ga8 said:
And this won't go away for about 3 months, at least you guys in the southen states shouldn't have to wait that long

Your right randi, sun was out today and 65 degrees. Supposed to be 70 tomorrow with sun. I really feel for all of the people way up north. Did I say that I hate the cold? The older I get the more I hate it. I'll take the summer heat anytime to not have to go through long cold winters.

Latest posts