TexasBred

Help Support CattleToday:

well all that happened when i was another mans cowboy.
two different places.
my cows don't chase me either.
but that charbray angus cross fire breather shore nuff did.

i really don't know how you keep em from turning into calf cicles calving out side up there.

the barn didn't help much where i was but the calf boxes with the heat lamp would give em a chance to at least dry off before they froze. i had to pretty much stay with em....get em nursed and drop em in the heat box.

i already admitted that god didn't plan on good southern boys traipsing round in that kind of weather.

I will go rassle lizzards with Hook first before I would do that again. i survived eight weeks in the swamps of Louisiana at a place called Tiger Land. they proudly claimed to have some of every poisonous snake in the United States there. got so used to em that I quit worrying about em.

water moccasin is the only one that will actually chase you. mean sobs.

hillsdown":1unbrr7v said:
Pdf if is not like that here at all with winter calving, I do it all be myself and usually things run smoothly. Cows know me and as long as it is just me around we get along pretty good. Besides I don't have a barn to calve in ,so I don't get chased around or pinned. :p

Hook is right, you all aren't tough enough to last one week here in the winter, best to go to his place where you can't get into trouble. Well, besides being eaten by a few gators and bitten by snakes .. :lol: :wave:
ordinarily id take offence to a remark like that,,, but your dead on
:cowboy:

Gale Seddon":2owcx43c said:
hillsdown":2owcx43c said:
..Can you operate a skid steer ??? :cboy:
HD, this sounds like a rowdy group to me. Are you sure you want to trust them with mechanized equipment?

I dont think that skidsteer could put a dent it that bunch. they would be ok.

Reason I said June, July an August is because that's all the cold I can take. I'd have to bring my long johns to be able to take y'alls weather then. Isn't June spring, July summer and August fall? Rest just winter?

jedstivers":2hcfoig8 said:
Reason I said June, July an August is because that's all the cold I can take. I'd have to bring my long johns to be able to take y'alls weather then. Isn't June spring, July summer and August fall? Rest just winter?

Pretty much Jed , usually June we are in the 70's and July and Aug the 80's . This year was very strange we had a very warm Sept and Oct ,November wasn't too bad either. Quite a few years we don't really have a decent snowfall until Jan. So it just all depends .

I can't believe how many of you all haven't really travelled, I guess I am bless to have been all over the world and most of the U.S. :D

Still need to go to SA, Australia and the Daytona 500 . :lol:

Also your wives would love it here. Our wardrobe consists of clothing for 4 seasons, and there is always an excuse to add to it because of unpredictable weather .. :banana:

HD I 've done a lot of traveling but heck...I can leave home and be at your house probably quicker than I can be in El Paso. :lol: Use to do a lot of gov't work in the Middle East (those countries that end in "istan". lolol. As well as Egypt, Saudi and India. 9-11 stopped all that.. Haven't done much traveling the last few years except in Texas but did make a flying trip back to Bolivia this year and am going back to the Holy Land in April. We do a lot of 3-4 day traveling which usually means staying in the state or the neighboring state unless we go to Vegas or something. Just never have had the chance nor reason yet to go to Canada but looks like it would be a great trip.

Ryder":3oezo7c3 said:
I go to Wally World for my traveling experience.
Don't know of any other place that could offer more in diverse sight seeing.

I was in Wally World yesterday, I needed to get some things for the gift baskets for our LA vet clinic. You should have seen the looks I got from people there. It was like they had never seen anyone in a full length fur before ,well maybe squirrel . :lol: I should have worn my 40 below Helly Hansons covered in cow poop ,probably would have never gotten a second glance .. :cowboy:

HD you might as well come on down for speed week and then catch the Daytona 500 as the grand Finale. If you ever make it to the 500 go to front straight a way and walk to the fence by the track during practice. You will really get the feel for how fast their going.

highgrit":3ktuwnr8 said:
HD you might as well come on down for speed week and then catch the Daytona 500 as the grand Finale. If you ever make it to the 500 go to front straight a way and walk to the fence by the track during practice. You will really get the feel for how fast their going.

When we go it will be for 2 weeks so we can take in all the practices, qualifying and races for truck and cars. We were at Talladega in Oct 2002 when Junior won the million for a fan. We made some friends that were staying on the infield ,so it was pretty cool being in the middle of the track during practices. I don't think I would be such a big fan of Nascar if I hadn't been to a race , you get to really appreciate the significance of it all when you hear, feel and smell the cars going around the track. :D

Latest posts