TexasBred

Help Support CattleToday:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Caustic Burno":abrp7eby said:
Lucky":abrp7eby said:
Hate to say it but Cowgirl8 is right. There is both Black Bears and Big Cats in the county.

Y'all need to contact the TPWD so they can confirm all these hallucinations.
The black bear map is more sparse than the cat map.
They are turning the dang things loose here and they are not surviving.

https://m.facebook.com/EastTexasBlackBe ... 13/?type=3

10k fine for shooting a black bear, the TPWD are serious about the bears.

Why would someone lie about seeing a bear or a cat? Prestige? Stupidity? Believe what you want but they're here. Your funny little map even says so. Don't care about the 10k fine, I don't even shoot snakes.

Lucky":pn162na4 said:
Caustic Burno":pn162na4 said:
Lucky":pn162na4 said:
Hate to say it but Cowgirl8 is right. There is both Black Bears and Big Cats in the county.

Why would someone lie about seeing a bear or a cat? Prestige? Stupidity? Believe what you want but they're here. Your funny little map even says so. Don't care about the 10k fine, I don't even shoot snakes.

Absolutely they are here. One was killed at Chalk Mountain, legally and sent to a taxidermist. That's not the point. These dudes are heavy. They leave tracks. Have you seen the length of spike in their nails ?

If you haven't followed the story and changing elements or read the hogwash that's been deleted, why are you commenting ?

backhoeboogie":bh982x0e said:
Lucky":bh982x0e said:
Caustic Burno":bh982x0e said:

Absolutely they are here. One was killed at Chalk Mountain, legally and sent to a taxidermist. That's not the point. These dudes are heavy. They leave tracks. Have you seen the length of spike in their nails ?

If you haven't followed the story and changing elements or read the hogwash that's been deleted, why are you commenting ?

Well...maybe all the folks that have never lived in this county know better than the people that do. That settles it, there are no bears or cats here.

The story is real, but for some reason a few here I guess feel less of a man because of it. I just don't understand it. They even don't believe that my vet is the one who told me it was a cougar that got my calf. Their proof was that cougars attack necks and woudnt have gone for the hind end... The calf weighed maybe 40 pounds and was curled up on a leaf covered forest floor when it was pounced on. BUt, I guess we are dealing with experts in everything here that don't like to be questioned once they give their ever so expert opinions..... This track argument is just weird too... I don't have a small piece of property, cougars don't hang around very long and our ground is different. Maybe if I had the only water hole, I might find a track....but this track thing boogie, let it go....you're making yourself sound idiotic...
On a more positive note, I did set my game cameras back out. Not necessarily to get the cougar, but I just like seeing what goes on in the woods. I found a trail, with no tracks, just a well worn trail. I did find other trails and saw faint hog tracks, heck, hogs have trouble leaving tracks in the woods.. Then there was another trail by a big pond..I'm going to try to not go back for at least a week, but heck, I want to go get the cards at sun up. I just need to forget I put them out....

Lucky":1tsr6d0m said:
backhoeboogie":1tsr6d0m said:
Lucky":1tsr6d0m said:

Well...maybe all the folks that have never lived in this county know better than the people that do. That settles it, there are no bears or cats here.

Funny thing is people that live in cat country actually have automobile accidents with them. Hundreds of articles in different sources each year. Where you live with all those cat and bear sightings they must just float over the highway.
Y'all can't get verification of a sighting by a biologist much less a picture.
Y'all get out in the woods after dark a fellow with duck call and a lighting bug in a mason jar would have y'all peeing down both legs.

One of the new guys down the road with the weekenders has been living in a RV on his sight since Nov... He has yet to see a deer....I go out and daily see over 30 not trying. Another says we have no coyotes..I sure hope they don't call me a liar because they don't see them .. SO, I dunno..... maybe we just have a few cats... Its not that populated around us, we don't get a lot of traffic The one that took our daughters lab up a tree did not make it to the news papers.....I do think one was run over on 271 a while back. People see bears, but I don't hear or see public reports...Maybe we don't give a dang what lives around here... Why is it so important to debunk it?

cowgirl8":slg9eqz8 said:
The story is real, but for some reason a few here I guess feel less of a man because of it. I just don't understand it. They even don't believe that my vet is the one who told me it was a cougar that got my calf. Their proof was that cougars attack necks and woudnt have gone for the hind end... The calf weighed maybe 40 pounds and was curled up on a leaf covered forest floor when it was pounced on. BUt, I guess we are dealing with experts in everything here that don't like to be questioned once they give their ever so expert opinions..... This track argument is just weird too... I don't have a small piece of property, cougars don't hang around very long and our ground is different. Maybe if I had the only water hole, I might find a track....but this track thing boogie, let it go....you're making yourself sound idiotic...
On a more positive note, I did set my game cameras back out. Not necessarily to get the cougar, but I just like seeing what goes on in the woods. I found a trail, with no tracks, just a well worn trail. I did find other trails and saw faint hog tracks, heck, hogs have trouble leaving tracks in the woods.. Then there was another trail by a big pond..I'm going to try to not go back for at least a week, but heck, I want to go get the cards at sun up. I just need to forget I put them out....

The calf size is now changed. Dramatically. A huge change from the size you originally stated.

Now it was curled up on a leaf covered forest floor. But you didn't actually see that. Nor did you see the cougar. So how do you know it wasn't bawling for momma?

You are consistent on no tracks Not even during the attack. You're also consistent on a vet told you this happened.

During the original story I wrote off many thoughts as to you were likely confused. The evolution of this story and changes thereto destroyed all credibility.

Bob Cats are prevalent here and I do not see them very often. Daughter saw a grown one with four kittens cross the road in front of her about dusky dark.

The calf was a twin. It was small enough for me to put on my 4 wheeler. Go back to that thread. I'm not the one confused.

hurleyjd":497a1v0r said:
Bob Cats are prevalent here and I do not see them very often. Daughter saw a grown one with four kittens cross the road in front of her about dusky dark.
I've seen bobcats maybe a dozen time over the years. Never seen one dead on the road. Have never seen tracks. We do have one on the wall. But I rarely ever see them alive. Does that mean we don't have them ????

hurleyjd":29a0wf3q said:

Saw one stalk and pounce a squirrel on the river bottom. My oldest grandson was in the deer stand with me all bug eyed. Priceless.

backhoeboogie":29f1q1l7 said:
cowgirl8":29f1q1l7 said:

The calf size is now changed. Dramatically. A huge change from the size you originally stated.

Now it was curled up on a leaf covered forest floor. But you didn't actually see that. Nor did you see the cougar. So how do you know it wasn't bawling for momma?

You are consistent on no tracks Not even during the attack. You're also consistent on a vet told you this happened.

During the original story I wrote off many thoughts as to you were likely confused. The evolution of this story and changes thereto destroyed all credibility.

My
Story is consistent viewtopic.php?f=7&t=103065&start=15

backhoeboogie":2txdiw8y said:
hurleyjd":2txdiw8y said:

Saw one stalk and pounce a squirrel on the river bottom. My oldest grandson was in the deer stand with me all bug eyed. Priceless.

Wife's bird feeders provide a very rich target environment. Many a little bird has turned into a hawk, feral house cat turd. It is amazing at the amount of feral house cats in the woods.

We certainly have bear problem up here. One mother and cubs have killed and eaten more than 10 goats in the last 3 weeks. So far traveling within the county. One couple is convinced it's a cougar. We don't have mountain lions according to fish and game. They are like bigfoot around here, people say they see them but when they talk about it they don't know what they saw. However the vet is convinced the kill is a cat, fish and game say differently.
Something killed a pony and ten miles apart killed a few calves.
If you all want our bears you can have them... seriously.

OwnedByTheCow":1x5zn9p2 said:
We certainly have bear problem up here. One mother and cubs have killed and eaten more than 10 goats in the last 3 weeks. So far traveling within the county. One couple is convinced it's a cougar. We don't have mountain lions according to fish and game. They are like bigfoot around here, people say they see them but when they talk about it they don't know what they saw. However the vet is convinced the kill is a cat, fish and game say differently.
Something killed a pony and ten miles apart killed a few calves.
If you all want our bears you can have them... seriously.

We don't want your bears!
There is a group of idiots in TPWD that does. The last bears were killed out of the thicket in the 1930's. Now we have warning signs on every lease to not mistake a hog for black bear along with all the penalties.

cowgirl8":3gk9fyej said:

Sorry. Its not consistent. Its not worthy of a gap analysis. Try to be consistent. Try to be honest.

Each and every person in your neighborhood or circle of influence is described in a derogatory manner. We can be assured that you describe the folks here in this forum with derogatory names. Its just who you are.

So sorry you are so miserable with life. Such a shame.

backhoeboogie":vf3e96v1 said:
cowgirl8":vf3e96v1 said:

Most of CG8's stories are that way.

jehosofat":1ri5pt4a said:
backhoeboogie":1ri5pt4a said:
cowgirl8":1ri5pt4a said:

Says the man who tried to convince us for years he was really an engineer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts