TEXAS

Help Support CattleToday:

kerley

Reaction score
Hoorey for Texas, If I read my email correctly Texas voted in their Primary's yesterday and the Tea Party beat the Democrats. To me that is a great start. DON'T MESS WITH TEXAS! I hope the Tea Party and the Republicans can join forces and get control of Congress....and Obama and the damage he has done to the American people. JMHO and not trying to start a fight.

pdfangus":3jjeh0tq said:
round her the republicans are attacking the tea party more than the democrats....
They better team up if they want to win control of the congress.

republicans are more afraid of the Tea Party than the Democrats are because the tea Party is challenging them to be conservative and they (republicans) would rather be conventional....

Eric Cantor who is house majority whip has been my Rep for years and next week in the primary I am voting against him....
he is running a smear campaign against a republican candidate who by all I can learn is a good man....Cantor has talked the conservative talk for years....but has voted and compromised with Obummer too many times for me
there is no democratic candidate for his seat as they thought he was unbeatable....

pdfangus":3swmch2c said:
republicans are more afraid of the Tea Party than the Democrats are because the tea Party is challenging them to be conservative and they (republicans) would rather be conventional....

Eric Cantor who is house majority whip has been my Rep for years and next week in the primary I am voting against him....
he is running a smear campaign against a republican candidate who by all I can learn is a good man....Cantor has talked the conservative talk for years....but has voted and compromised with Obummer too many times for me
there is no democratic candidate for his seat as they thought he was unbeatable....

Cantor is an jack ass and I cant stand him.

Rafter S":djvzn8dh said:
A Democrat hasn't been elected to a statewide office in Texas since 1994.

In my county if you want to have a say in county politics you have to vote in the Republican primary.
Come November the only name on the ballot will be a Republican in county politics.

Caustic Burno":8hbh9fza said:
Rafter S":8hbh9fza said:

In my county if you want to have a say in county politics you have to vote in the Republican primary.
Come November the only name on the ballot will be a Republican in county politics.
Amazing how things change. When I was a young man the republican party existed in name only especially on the local level.

TexasBred":1qjagmva said:
Caustic Burno":1qjagmva said:
Rafter S":1qjagmva said:

Amazing how things change. When I was a young man the republican party existed in name only especially on the local level.

That is because the democrats of our youth are republicans now.
The democrats have become the party against everything American.

Caustic Burno":1cagfnq5 said:
Rafter S":1cagfnq5 said:

It's just the opposite here, for the county you have to vote the democrat ballet in the primary.

jedstivers":15yzrjpm said:
Caustic Burno":15yzrjpm said:
Rafter S":15yzrjpm said:

It's just the opposite here, for the county you have to vote the democrat ballet in the primary.

Just curious, Jed. Why do you think that is? Even the labor unions are seeing Dems for what they are and Him for what He really is.

TexasBred":1f3dv6h5 said:
Caustic Burno":1f3dv6h5 said:
Rafter S":1f3dv6h5 said:

I remember that also. When I started voting 30-some years ago all the local races were decided in the Democratic primary. Now that's pretty much reversed.

"I didn't leave the Democratic Party, the Democratic Party left me." (I'd love to take credit for that saying but I heard it from someone else. It is true though.)

skyhightree1":33cixd3a said:
pdfangus":33cixd3a said:

Cantor is an jack ass and I cant stand him.

:nod: :nod: :nod:

I'm not a big fan of Cantor either!

Katherine

The last good lieutenant Governor we had was Bob Bullock, he was a democrat and worked to make George Bush a good governor here in Texas. To the tea party here now you are in you will have to prove your self instead reading Dr. Suess. If you think that Dan Patrick can lower your property keep thinking it will never happen. Good idea for ever one to open carry will I have to have a license just a question I would like to ask. I do own guns but if every one start packing then I may have to also start, may have to practice a quick draw or maybe I could hire me a gunslinger like we had before we became civilized.

hurleyjd":mnrynd7f said:
The last good lieutenant Governor we had was Bob Bullock, he was a democrat and worked to make George Bush a good governor here in Texas. To the tea party here now you are in you will have to prove your self instead reading Dr. Suess. If you think that Dan Patrick can lower your property keep thinking it will never happen. Good idea for ever one to open carry will I have to have a license just a question I would like to ask. I do own guns but if every one start packing then I may have to also start, may have to practice a quick draw or maybe I could hire me a gunslinger like we had before we became civilized.

Lot more packing right now than you realize.
I disagree with open carry even if it passes I will still carry concealed.
We could argue on Bob Bullock. Alot of Texas democrats would be considered republicans in other states.
Bullock would be a Republican if he were starting today.
W.P. Hobby was a heck of a Lt governor as well

kerley":wuum4s1j said:
Hoorey for Texas, If I read my email correctly Texas voted in their Primary's yesterday and the Tea Party beat the Democrats.
Not exactly right. These are the GOP primary elections. Several GOP candidates were defeated by Tea Party candidates.
The general election will pit these winners against the dems and or any independents in November, tho the dems haven't much chance of beating the GOP or Tea Party.
Not many dems in Texas outside the Hispanic population.

To those not familiar with Texas politics the Lt Governor is the most powerful elected politician
in the state. The Lt governor and Governor run in separate races so you can have each position filled by
opposing parties.

Latest posts