Texas Visit

Help Support CattleToday:

ga.prime":2oy16aqk said:
I was in Del Rio a few years ago and went across the bridge into Acuna just to see what it was like because I'd never been in Mexico. It was like going back in time 50 years.
did you spend some time with the mexican blackbird :cowboy:

ALACOWMAN":14bwxiaz said:
ga.prime":14bwxiaz said:
I was in Del Rio a few years ago and went across the bridge into Acuna just to see what it was like because I'd never been in Mexico. It was like going back in time 50 years.
did you spend some time with the mexican blackbird :cowboy:
No, but thanks for asking! :D

MF135":133pg3pj said:
Don't let em scare you Hoss. Before I graduated I lived in San Marcos. We would hit up Acuna quite often and have a blast. Never once did I feel threatened or in danger. As mentioned, you have to go have lunch at Ma Crosbys- the place is great! Wear your boots and starched jeans and you'll be waited on hand and foot. O... And don't forget to order a "Red" Corona while your there!
Seems like the good Lord looks out for dumb animals. :nod:

TexasBred":zb0a4hrl said:
MF135":zb0a4hrl said:
Don't let em scare you Hoss. Before I graduated I lived in San Marcos. We would hit up Acuna quite often and have a blast. Never once did I feel threatened or in danger. As mentioned, you have to go have lunch at Ma Crosbys- the place is great! Wear your boots and starched jeans and you'll be waited on hand and foot. O... And don't forget to order a "Red" Corona while your there!

Shut up, Barney. Some people actually leave Mayberry.

MF135":1mfieqzy said:
TexasBred":1mfieqzy said:
MF135":1mfieqzy said:

Shut up, Barney. Some people actually leave Mayberry.
You should know you're the Mayor.

Well I made it back from Acuna in one piece. It is a shame that the cartels have all but shut that town down. No one going across the border. We never had to wait in line at the checkpoints. The resturants and bars have all but closed due to lack of business. Even Crosbys is about to close. They are having an average of 14 truck thefts per week. If you have a nice pick-up truck the cartel guys are cutting them off in the street and taking the truck at gun point right in broad daylight downtown. A few weeks ago they shot and killed the police chief. They shot him 19 times and then left a note on his chest as a warning to the rest of law enforcement. It is bad. The locals told me that they have pulled their kids from school and are all sleeping in one room on the floor due to the bullets flying at night between the two major cartels fighting over the border crossing. I saw no police at all while I was there. They have went into hiding or have been paid off. We went in early each morning and got out across the dam at Lake Ammistadt so we wouldn't have to drive through downtown. I feel for those folks.