Texas versus Texas A&M

Help Support CattleToday:

houstoncutter

Reaction score
To think we could have had a game!!!!! See the Aggie scratching the dirt.....bahhhhh bahhhhh cluck cluck.....cockadoodle doo!!!!!

Kingfisher":3c3bix1f said:
Yea What's up with that? Why did the SEC nix that?
They didn't unless you believe this guy: Chip Brown of HornsDigest.com and he's seldom right. Aggies had nothing to gain by playing TU. The game would have been sold out about 24 hours after tickets went on sale though. I would love to have seen them play.

TexasBred":kdtmbdlx said:
Kingfisher":kdtmbdlx said:
They didn't unless you believe this guy: Chip Brown of HornsDigest.com and he's seldom right. Aggies had nothing to gain by playing TU. The game would have been sold out about 24 hours after tickets went on sale though. I would love to have seen them play.

I'm sorry I'm confused, just what is it they have to gain by playing WVU ???. A team that lost to Texas... I think I hear them chickens tuning up down at the "Dixie Chicken"!

I thinks it more like WVU doesn't have much defense, so it's two offensive teams playing each other. Texas has a defense but not a lot of offensive. So in that type of game its Horns winning again with defensive. A shame it would have been quite a ball game, and I think tickets would have sold out in a minutes instead of hours.

houstoncutter":3i263ty9 said:
TexasBred":3i263ty9 said:
Kingfisher":3i263ty9 said:

I'm sorry I'm confused, just what is it they have to gain by playing WVU ???. A team that lost to Texas... I think I hear them chickens tuning up down at the "Dixie Chicken"!

I thinks it more like WVU doesn't have much defense, so it's two offensive teams playing each other. Texas has a defense but not a lot of offensive. So in that type of game its Horns winning again with defensive. A shame it would have been quite a ball game, and I think tickets would have sold out in a minutes instead of hours.
A team that also beat Baylor who beat TU.....What to gain?? How about $1.7 million bucks for the Liberty Bowl as apposed to $630,000 for the Texas Bowl. BTW loved that "Horn" defense against TCU. (We won't even talk about Iowa State). ;-)

Latest posts