Texas versus Georgia

Help Support CattleToday:

I'm a Georgia fan through and through. But they got exactly what they deserved. Maybe, just maybe, this will be a wake up call for the Dawgs. You play to win, no matter what. Nothing else matters. They looked stupid and half hearted. I hate it, but they deserve the loss and Texas came to play. Been this way since 1980. Georgia can't win the big games.

Tom Herman has done well with the longhorn program.
His old employer, UofH, has been in 3 bowl games since he left, lost them all, and this season, lost in the Armed Forces Bowl 70-14 to Army.

houstoncutter":1a1wushu said:
Looks like the Horns got the memo from Bevo.
Kick some Dawg tookus!!!!
Congratulations Houston. Wondered what it would take to bring you out of hiding. :nod: :clap: Good job Horns.

greybeard":3fx92rdr said:
Tom Herman has done well with the longhorn program.
His old employer, UofH, has been in 3 bowl games since he left, lost them all, and this season, lost in the Armed Forces Bowl 70-14 to Army.
Very weak schedule. Should have gone 13-1 and was 10-4.

JMJ Farms":327p56ag said:
I'm a Georgia fan through and through. But they got exactly what they deserved. Maybe, just maybe, this will be a wake up call for the Dawgs. You play to win, no matter what. Nothing else matters. They looked stupid and half hearted. I hate it, but they deserve the loss and Texas came to play. Been this way since 1980. Georgia can't win the big games.

We aren't paying the coach enough. He needs more money and then we will win more games.

Jogeephus":3sjl8w0b said:
JMJ Farms":3sjl8w0b said:

We aren't paying the coach enough. He needs more money and then we will win more games.

:lol2: Ultimately, success or failure is on Kirbys shoulders. So good or bad, he gets the credit or criticism. Kirby is a good coach but he needs to demand more from his players and his staff.
I think Jim Cheney is an excellent offensive coordinator. For 3 quarters. And then he seems to forget what has been working. It may be time for him to move on, or either coordinate half the game.
I heard that Tampa Bay is trying to target Kirby. But I'm quite certain he won't go.

JMJ Farms":2ogoibwg said:
Jogeephus":2ogoibwg said:
JMJ Farms":2ogoibwg said:

:lol2: Ultimately, success or failure is on Kirbys shoulders. So good or bad, he gets the credit or criticism. Kirby is a good coach but he needs to demand more from his players and his staff.
I think Jim Cheney is an excellent offensive coordinator. For 3 quarters. And then he seems to forget what has been working. It may be time for him to move on, or either coordinate half the game.
I heard that Tampa Bay is trying to target Kirby. But I'm quite certain he won't go.

Us Vols fans are tickled to death to get Cheney and take him off your hands. Imagine being a Vol fan the last decade and half. We will even take your head coach, ball boys what ever.. Beating a D2 team is pretty exciting anymore for us. I bet Georgia would have given Clemson a better game than Alabama, as they should have been in the final four, and would have matched up better. Our BB team is looking a little better.

I bet Georgia would have given Clemson a better game than Alabama, as they should have been in the final four, and would have matched up better.
Evidently, you were asleep during the Sugar Bowl....

greybeard":3k226jpr said:
I bet Georgia would have given Clemson a better game than Alabama, as they should have been in the final four, and would have matched up better.

They didn't look good in the Sugar bowl, but I still say they should have gotten in the final four as they are better than ND and there would not have been a Sugar Bowl with them in it. Georgia dominated Alabama in the SEC Championship and a heroic few plays in the 4th Alabama survived 35-28. I would have even picked OS over ND. I guess that is the way I am looking at it, but they would have matched up with Clemson in the first game and not the championship. I am not taking anything away from Texas as they beat Georgia in the Sugar Bowl 28-21. Georgia's team is loaded and a couple plays and they could have easily been playing in the championship game again this year. If I was a Georgia fan I would still feel good about the future of the team. I hope the OC they lost to TN works out good, especially for TN.

jltrent":85bayn2v said:
greybeard":85bayn2v said:

They didn't look good in the Sugar bowl, but I still say they should have gotten in the final four as they are better than ND and there would not have been a Sugar Bowl with them in it. Georgia dominated Alabama in the SEC Championship and a heroic few plays in the 4th Alabama survived 35-28. I would have even picked OS over ND. I guess that is the way I am looking at it, but they would have matched up with Clemson in the first game and not the championship. I am not taking anything away from Texas as they beat Georgia in the Sugar Bowl 28-21. Georgia's team is loaded and a couple plays and they could have easily been playing in the championship game again this year. If I was a Georgia fan I would still feel good about the future of the team. I hope the OC they lost to TN works out good, especially for TN.

I think UGA has a positive outlook for the future. They just have to learn to play the full 60 minutes and win the big games.

JMJ Farms":1op7k5g3 said:
jltrent":1op7k5g3 said:
greybeard":1op7k5g3 said:

I think UGA has a positive outlook for the future. They just have to learn to play the full 60 minutes and win the big games.
Different coach same results, it's harder than it looks.

True Grit Farms":cbylcbqm said:
JMJ Farms":cbylcbqm said:
jltrent":cbylcbqm said:

Different coach same results, it's harder than it looks.
m
Overall results are slightly better. But take the UGA-Alabama game for instance. They walked all over Alabama for 2.5 quarters. And then they QUIT, completely QUIT doing everything that had been working. Inexcusable. I don't understand the rationale behind the play calling in the latter part of that game.

TexasBred":vyijifu5 said:
houstoncutter":vyijifu5 said:
Congratulations Houston. Wondered what it would take to bring you out of hiding. :nod: :clap: Good job Horns.

I drop in from time to time. No more cows and starting to sell off land

houstoncutter":nrnqfn41 said:
TexasBred":nrnqfn41 said:
houstoncutter":nrnqfn41 said:

I drop in from time to time. No more cows and starting to sell off land

Hate to hear that. Hope life is being good to you. :nod:

Latest posts