Texas Tech versus OU

Help Support CattleToday:

houstoncutter

Reaction score
What ya bet Baker Mayfield had October 24 circled on his calander? Hope he has a huge game. I'm a UT fan, but Saturday ,"Boomer Sooner"

greybeard":1zd2nr5j said:
Raiders barely got by Kansas(0-6) --I don't think Oklahoma has too much to worry about.
That's what they thought too when they arrived in Dallas a few weeks ago. :nod:

greybeard":22uw1ncr said:
Raiders barely got by Kansas(0-6) --I don't think Oklahoma has too much to worry about.

Over the years OU has had problems with TT so I won't celebrate till the clock hits 0 and OU is ahead on the score board.

I wouldn't care a lick about Texas Techs record, they are a dangerous team that can score lotsa points. Agree with waco on this one, breath easy sooner nation when the clock strikes doubles zeroes and you're up on the scoreboard. Until then, hold on for the ride.

Not sure what the weather is in Norman, but if it is anything like here TT may have a hard time with their offense giving OU and their talented RBs an advantage.

wacocowboy":1dba59hv said:
Not sure what the weather is in Norman, but if it is anything like here TT may have a hard time with their offense giving OU and their talented RBs an advantage.

Sunny, high 66, 13% chance of rain. Should be a game!

bball":355hqdih said:
wacocowboy":355hqdih said:

Sunny, high 66, 13% chance of rain. Wasn't much of a game!

I fixed it...since I was completely off! Calling :bs: on myself.

OU helped themselves and really poured it on in 3rd qtr but I can't say Alabama helped themselves much, beating a 3-3 Tenn team by only 5 points.

greybeard":23z8bzt6 said:
OU helped themselves and really poured it on in 3rd qtr but I can't say Alabama helped themselves much, beating a 3-3 Tenn team by only 5 points.

Completely agree about bama. Really can not figure out which team is going to show up from week to week.. Clemson keeps playing like today, and they won't be on the outside looking in at the end of season. Wow! What a beatdown!

wacocowboy":304cxvkr said:
If OU can play like that vs BU, TCU, and OSU might get to make the playoffs.

This is what makes college football so great. every single week matters. FSU falls, OU wins huge, Clemson wins huge, BU may be in some trouble, Utah getting wrecked by a non ranked USC team..Bama looks mediocre, LSU looked flat early against WK, so hard to gauge anything. Oh and Ole Miss dismantling A&M! And OU brings miller to qb and looks good (granted it's Rutgers).

A very interesting weekend for sure. Western Ky was/is a better team than many have given them credit for, so I'm not surprised LSU didn't completely demolish them--tho 28 point difference is still a substantial difference..
I think Ohio St will still sit at #1 this coming week.

Utah will drop and Clemson sure to move up, but how far?
TCU may get bumped down, simply because they didn't play this weekend--that happened to Oregon last season.
I kinda think the AP poll is going to reflect that and put LSU in the top 4 this week.
My picks:
1 Ohio State
2 Baylor
3 LSU
4 Clemson
5 Michigan St
6 TCU
(#4/#5 may switch places but I see 1-5 as better teams than TCU right now.)

As it stands right now, unless I missed one, these are the only 12 undefeated teams tonight:
Ohio St 7-0
Baylor 7-0
TCU 7-0
Mich St 8-0
LSU 7-0
Clemson 7-0
Iowa 7-0
Ok St 7-0

(Memphis, Toledo, Houston and Temple round out the rest of the undefeated, but we know they won't all stay that way. Memphis has to play Houston and Temple yet. Toledo probably won't play another ranked team this season.)
We know either Baylor or TCU will have at least 1 loss, as they play each other Nov 27 and both yet to play Oklahoma and OK St

bball":2nfzpvvp said:
wacocowboy":2nfzpvvp said:
If OU can play like that vs BU, TCU, and OSU might get to make the playoffs.

This is what makes college football so great. every single week matters. FSU falls, OU wins huge, Clemson wins huge, BU may be in some trouble, Utah getting wrecked by a non ranked USC team..Bama looks mediocre, LSU looked flat early against WK, so hard to gauge anything. Oh and Ole Miss dismantling A&M! And OU brings miller to qb and looks good (granted it's Rutgers).

Correction OSU has Barrett at qb..not miller

greybeard":1li8lu9j said:
A very interesting weekend for sure. Western Ky was/is a better team than many have given them credit for, so I'm not surprised LSU didn't completely demolish them--tho 28 point difference is still a substantial difference..
I think Ohio St will still sit at #1 this coming week.

Utah will drop and Clemson sure to move up, but how far?
TCU may get bumped down, simply because they didn't play this weekend--that happened to Oregon last season.
I kinda think the AP poll is going to reflect that and put LSU in the top 4 this week.
My picks:
1 Ohio State
2 Baylor
3 LSU
4 Clemson
5 Michigan St
6 TCU
(#4/#5 may switch places but I see 1-5 as better teams than TCU right now.)

As it stands right now, unless I missed one, these are the only 12 undefeated teams tonight:
Ohio St 7-0
Baylor 7-0
TCU 7-0
Mich St 8-0
LSU 7-0
Clemson 7-0
Iowa 7-0
Ok St 7-0

(Memphis, Toledo, Houston and Temple round out the rest of the undefeated, but we know they won't all stay that way. Memphis has to play Houston and Temple yet. Toledo probably won't play another ranked team this season.)
We know either Baylor or TCU will have at least 1 loss, as they play each other Nov 27 and both yet to play Oklahoma and OK St

After this week, my selections:

1. LSU
2. Clemson
3. Ohio St.
4. Mich St.

I just don't see any real quality wins for TCU or Baylor as of yet. OK St and OU on the horizon. Worried for Baylor until word comes back on qb neck.

Latest posts