Texas Tech versus OU

Help Support CattleToday:

BU does play some easy non conference games. Who the heck is Lamar I had never heard of them until they played BU. At least most other school play one big name team and small schools I have heard of before.

TexasBred":kdu5qc0z said:
greybeard":kdu5qc0z said:
Except Baylor and TCU also have to play each other.
Some schedules are front loaded--some are back loaded.
And some are empty. But TCU/Baylor is not any diff than Bama/LSU except bama has to play 6-7 more excellent teams that will all go to good bowl games.

The last two post seasons and all the sec hype, how did the great allybama do?

Miss was absolutely crushed by TCU, shouldn't have been allowed in the same stadium. Ally didn't even make it through the first round. Wow, what a conference! Year before, they were crying about not getting to go to the big dance and got theit little butts spanked blue and sent home to mama by OU who didn't even win out the big 12.

Their last princess moment of being crowned after getting a do over with LSU, either of the other two teams playing in California, Stanford and Oklahoma statewould have torched either one of them.

Sec has its years just like all the rest, but it sure isn't every freaking year and Allybama isn't great just because their allybama.

Second tier Mo and atm could go right in and play in the "great" conference should tell you something.

MANHATTAN, Kan. -- Jarrett Stidham threw for 419 yards and three scores in his first start, Corey Coleman caught a pair of touchdown passes and No. 2 Baylor held on for a 31-24 victory over pesky Kansas State on Thursday night to keep its College Football Playoff hopes alive.

Stidham, taking over for the injured Seth Russell, also ran for a touchdown to help the Bears (5-0 Big 12, No. 6 CFP) improve to 8-0 for only the second time in school history.

The freshman quarterback's favorite target was Coleman, who caught 11 passes for 216 yards while pushing his nation-leading total to 20 touchdown receptions.
Waco Cowboy:
Lamar, is the school down in golden triangle--Port Authur/Beaumont/Orange area. They are in Southland Conference. Equivilent to Cupcakes Univ of La @ Monroe, Charleston Southern, or Middle Tenn--all 3 of which are on The Mighty and All Powerful Alabama Crimson Tide 2015 schedule. :roll: :lol2:

Southland teams:
225px-SouthlandLocations.png

nope and getting beat by 20 points is a certified whuppin.
(at least the TCU fans didn't call the cops and ask them to throw OK ST QB out of the stadium like the Old Miss fans did in the Ark )

Oxford Police Dept ✔ @OxfordPolice
Asking us to kick the Arkansas QB out of the stadium is not a legit reason to dial 911. #ARKvsMISS
5:19 PM - 7 Nov 2015 · Oxford, MS, United States
:lol: :lol:
http://ftw.usatoday.com/2015/11/ole-mis ... he-stadium

greybeard":rwjdd2t1 said:
MANHATTAN, Kan. -- Jarrett Stidham threw for 419 yards and three scores in his first start, Corey Coleman caught a pair of touchdown passes and No. 2 Baylor held on for a 31-24 victory over pesky Kansas State on Thursday night to keep its College Football Playoff hopes alive.

Stidham, taking over for the injured Seth Russell, also ran for a touchdown to help the Bears (5-0 Big 12, No. 6 CFP) improve to 8-0 for only the second time in school history.

The freshman quarterback's favorite target was Coleman, who caught 11 passes for 216 yards while pushing his nation-leading total to 20 touchdown receptions.
Waco Cowboy:
Lamar, is the school down in golden triangle--Port Authur/Beaumont/Orange area. They are in Southland Conference. Equivilent to Cupcakes Univ of La @ Monroe, Charleston Southern, or Middle Tenn--all 3 of which are on The Mighty and All Powerful Alabama Crimson Tide 2015 schedule. :roll: :lol2:

Those smaller schools know they're going to take a beating but they also get a huge payday . That's the reason for much of the scheduling with the larger more powerful schools and these smaller schools love the opportunity. Sam Houston could probably beat at least 50% of the Division one schools most years so they're no to be taken lightly.

Well 2 of my original 4 went down and one of the teams I though would be in there in the end also went down. Not sure if OKST is that good or if TCU is not that good. I knew NEB was dangerous but I thought Mich ST would get past them. I expected more from LSU.

wacocowboy":1o8qpjf7 said:
Well 2 of my original 4 went down and one of the teams I though would be in there in the end also went down. Not sure if OKST is that good or if TCU is not that good. I knew NEB was dangerous but I thought Mich ST would get past them. I expected more from LSU.
I think OSU is that good. Didn't see the Neb. game but sounds like a fluke to me. I too thought LSU would win but 'bama stepped up and showed who they really are.

See how it works?
When an SEC team wins, They "stepped up" and the opposing team just had a "bad day". I'm sure you SEC boys believe Fla just had a bad day when Vandy beat them and then Vandy just had a bad day when Houston stomped all over Vandy.
Bama and LSU both have something that power 5 team Baylor doesn't have--a loss.

greybeard":11hcscfg said:
See how it works?
When an SEC team wins, They "stepped up" and the opposing team just had a "bad day". I'm sure you SEC boys believe Fla just had a bad day when Vandy beat them and then Vandy just had a bad day when Houston stomped all over Vandy.
Bama and LSU both have something that power 5 team Baylor doesn't have--a loss.

GB that's why we have the word "upset". Absolutely Florida would beat Vandy 99 out of 100. Bama and LSU would probably split 100 games 50:50 or close to that. I'll be the first to admit Baylor has a great offense. But they really haven't played anybody either except the pushover schools . If they win the next three game convincingly I'll be the first to say they deserve to be in the championship game. I don't care who they play, just hope the other team beats the crap out of them. :mrgreen:

greybeard":2kunpea1 said:
Thank you for proving my point about when it is SEC it's viewed differently from any other conference.
No I simply pointed out a fact that 99% of the people would agree with.....Florida would beat Vandy 99 out of a 100 times. But note I also said Baylor could be there in the championship game as well if they win out....doesn't matter that i hate them and the Big 12-2. Still waiting on Baylor to even play a team with a .500 record let alone beat one.

TexasBred":kw4pyp3y said:
greybeard":kw4pyp3y said:
Thank you for proving my point about when it is SEC it's viewed differently from any other conference.
No I simply pointed out a fact that 99% of the people would agree with.....Florida would beat Vandy 99 out of a 100 times. But note I also said Baylor could be there in the championship game as well if they win out....doesn't matter that i hate them and the Big 12-2. Still waiting on Baylor to even play a team with a .500 record let alone beat one.

You mean a team like UTM or Fresno St, which was the extent of Ole Miss schedule when they beat Alabama?
Oh wait--it's SEC so none of that matters.
If beating Vandy means anything, then U of H should be ranked way up there since they beat Vandy as well--and, are undefeated.

Ya know GB, you .ake ot of sense on this. When the SEC beats up on each other, well, it's OK because shyt man, it's the SEC afterall (who do schedule some real cream puffs between Conf games) but when the Big 10 or Pac 12 schools cannibalize one another..well, they just aren't that good. Bama's loss is to Ole Miss, who is a 3 loss team now. Best thing Bama has going is that it was early, just like Stanford and ND...

New rankings:

1. Clemson
2. Alabama
3. Ohio St.
4. Notre Dame :banana: Can they hold on for the rest of the season???

greybeard":3c5vsj25 said:
TexasBred":3c5vsj25 said:
greybeard":3c5vsj25 said:

You mean a team like UTM or Fresno St, which was the extent of Ole Miss schedule when they beat Alabama?
Oh wait--it's SEC so none of that matters.
If beating Vandy means anything, then U of H should be ranked way up there since they beat Vandy as well--and, are undefeated.
GB you were the one that brought Vandy into the discussion. The SEC is dam good and they draw huge crowds to games. That's what ESPN and the other like about them. $$$$$$$$$ and ratings. BTW Houston is moving up the ranks. Keep winning and they'll get a dang good bowl at the end of the year.

Latest posts