Texas stockyards

Help Support CattleToday:

highgrit":1y16pq0q said:
AC, Taxpayers money is not supposed to pay for auto insurance. A farmer that plants and buys crop insurance knowing their not going to make a crop or x amount of product per acre is a thief. I see some around here planting different crops with no soil samples, and no kind of irrigation system. Their not going to make a good crop, but taxpayers dollars will bail them out. Around here its called insurance farming. The goverment has no business bailing out anybody, their spending taxpayers money, or should I say borrowed money thats running our deficit out of control.
But they are still paying their premiums for the insurance

SO I guess your saying that when a natural disaster hits the gov't needs to say oh well you guys need to take care of it yourself
I will remember that when tornadoes hit Georgia, Kansas, Missouri or anywhere else and wipe a big portion of it away

Red bull you should know how he gets his stuff planted, I think you posted a picture of his tractor on here a while back that he was going to drive when he went overseas.

Haase you need read and pay attention to what ole Ed has to say, he is one sharp son of a gun. He has got them simmintal cows over there that will wean 900lb calves on bitter weed and burdock. If you don't beleive he will even post pictures of them.

Red Bull Breeder":1dsgvsm1 said:
Haase you need read and pay attention to what ole Ed has to say, he is one sharp son of a gun. He has got them simmintal cows over there that will wean 900lb calves on bitter weed and burdock. If you don't beleive he will even post pictures of them.

:lol2: :lol2: :clap: :clap: yes sir and he wouldnt dream of raising any of that other trash that people waist their time with like those old leathery limi :lol2:
well i guess i might as well say somethin here to i spose. i have helped farm and ranch. wouldnt call myself a farmer by no means at all. i will say this though. JS your welcome to come sit on our old 60 or 70 something white 4x4 tractor with a big old cab made out of windows and no aire conditioning or radio while i take a horse and ride through your cows and enjoy a breeze. specially on the weeks when we are in the mid 90s high humidity and you want to talk like its a joke of a job. not everything about famring is no work. jump out of a combine and unplug it constantly when your wheat or oats is on the ground so you have to cut low and its weedy. not to mention it is so easy to sit in a tractor day in day out when going 2 to 4 miles per hour looking at all that nice view. or lets talk milo you want to itch go get some of that dust on you. farming is like ranching there are easy parts and hard parts. but if it is so easy to do that vacation of a job we all call farming than why would i rather sit on a horse looking at them cattle any day. :2cents:

Maybe my wording was a little askew. Call anything less than 500 acres a farm and above that would be a ranch. Thanks for the correction. Cattle farming is ranching and crops is farming got it. Subsidies for pasture inprovement high traffic areas, watering equipment fencing in my opinion are not handouts. You pay upfront out of pocket do all the installation work and then file with the appropriate agency for reimbursement upto 50% of the cost. That to me is a help up.

The assistance for natural disasters that is given all over the world by our government in my mind should be provided at home first in our country. Those funds are our tax dollars and I would rather use it to help my neighbors in this country than those overseas in an area that would prefer to use that help to kill us and destroy our way of life.

plumber_greg":3nqs6f7q said:
:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:
I just wish edr would reply back, but he probably won't
I figure since Novatech sort of knocked his D _ _ k in the dirt with that old post he made, he'll up and disappear for a while for now and come back latter "incognito". He does it everytime somebody catches him up to his ass in BS.