Texas Road Question

Help Support CattleToday:

CopeMan

Reaction score
Are scendaro's public roads? I think that is how you spell , correct me if Im wrong. But are they public roads? I know that they go through alot of ranches. Thanks

Senderos are not public roads. They are basically paths that have been cleared through the brush. Many of them were initially cleared by seismic crews who were shooting the place. The main purpose they serve now is providing a clear field of fire from deer stands.

Craig-TX

Senderos are not public roads. They are basically paths that have been cleared through the brush. Many of them were initially cleared by seismic crews who were shooting the place. The main purpose they serve now is providing a clear field of fire from deer stands.

Craig-TX

Correct! However some sendero might be a "non dedicated county road". We have a lot of those where we live and what they are is a county road that is not open. they are not open because theere is no need to have a road there. However if the need ever arrises than the counry will open and maintain the road. We have several county roads on our place but since we own all of the land there is no need to open them. If someone were to build a house on land behind us and there was no way to get to their land then the county can split our pasture and build a road. The county has to pay for the new fences as well.

I've never heard of that before.. at least not in our "neck of the woods". Are they indigenous to south Texas?

I've never heard of that before.. at least not in our "neck of the woods". Are they indigenous to south Texas?

Not too sure about south Texas but the do have them in west Texas.

They are found in areas of south Texas where 1) the brush is so thick you can't throw a bucket of water through it and 2) oil and gas companies have explored. A lot of those places have brush that's unbelievable if you're not accustomed to it. You can barely see far enough to read a newspaper, much less drive a pickup anywhere. Sandy land, not bad, but much of it has been taken over by whitebrush, blackbrush, mesquite, anything else with thorns.

Craig-TX

Latest posts