Texas Longhorn Breeders World Show

Help Support CattleToday:

WagaAgeyv

Reaction score
I can only account for Kelly because it was a whirl wind 4 days for us. We left on Tuesday, 13 hours later we arrived. Stayed at my aunts house in Joshua. Went to barns for check in next morning. Got Paint bedded and started preperations for next day.
Wednesday, 8 a.m.
3 p.m. Gold Merit Competition; Record Book, Speech and Question and answer session. He won 2nd Place.

5:45 p.m. Paint gets his first petiticure. (Hoof work)

6 p.m. Juding contest Didn't place in top 3 so we have no results. But he learned a little something.

Thursday, 7 a.m.
Up and moving early, water, feed, bath, and groom.
9 a.m. opening ceremonies.
He waited around in case someone needed his help.
He helped Oliver Longhorns and Kressman's Longhorns with calf assistance.
Not sure of time think 3:30 p.m. his first showing of his bull. he placed 9th.
Showmanship not to good either but he learned. Seeing as he has only shown in 3 other shows, he learned a lot. He enjoyed the two days we were there.

Banquet started at 8 p.m. due to a record number of participants this year.

He finished 6th in 7-9 year olds so for that we are thankful. I am very proud of the way he conducted himself and brought home a wealth of knowledge.

Loaded out and were on our way home on Friday at 6:15 a.m. arrived home at 6 to get Kelly to last in league game. (by the way he was just named to the All-Star Team last night) Will it never end. ToOOO busy this summer. Wish us luck!

I will post pictures tomarrow. Lets hear how you did Ryan, Googly Moogly and anyone else that showed that weekend.[/b]

Kelly did great. He did a great job with his bull, and handled those calves as good as anyone. It was great meeting yall. I am sorry we didnt get to visit more.

It was a pretty hectic, yet fun weekend. We fared okay in the Youth show, not quite as good as we would have liked to. The Non-Haltered show was a mess. I doubt that judge will judge at the World Show again. The open show was good. Our only Junior Heifer won her class, "easily" as the judge said. She then was named World Junior Champion Female, we were really excited about that. Our senior female got 2nd in a really tough class. One of our Junior bulls placed 1st in his class, the other 2 didnt do real well. Our senior bull, Stinger placed 2nd, I (and many others) thought he should have won, the bull that won that class and went on to be World Grand Champion was sired by one of our bulls, so that was good.

All in all, it was successful weekend. Oh my brother won his Showmanship class, I couldnt have been more proud of him. He was so excited when he won, he's 12.

Well its time for Stinger to get to work, and we'll start preparing for next year!

Sorry I couldn't make it out there y'all.. congratulations on Kelly's performance! And congratulations on your success as well, Ryan! Just couldn't get my schedule worked out and so, unfortunately, was unable to make it to the show. :( Maybe next time..

You forgot to mention the Quiz Bowl!

Straight from the E-Trails:

Quiz Bowl Winners:
Junior: Kelly Donnelly

I did not know this until this weekend, but all questions on the quiz for the Quiz Bowl come directly from the Trails magazine.

Kelly told me he said that they were out of the Trails but hte old ones, so I am glad he reads them. He is looking for some more old ones so if you have a fe laying around he will gladly take them. Tell everyone. I am telling them at TLBAA office. He loves to learn all about longhorns. He is saving for next year and is hunting a couple of other calves. He didn't mind wether or not he one but just enjoyed learning and particiating.

Waga,
I just heard some breaking news that all of the quizbowl questions next year are being taken directly off of the Chuck Norris Facts website :D

Googly Moogly