Texas high school football playoffs

Help Support CattleToday:

f1tiger

Reaction score
Nothing compares toTexas high school football: game of the week this Weekend playoffs is 6A div 2: Lufkin vs Longview ; last time they played in quarter finals they drew 27000 fans. ( hopefully next week we can see Katy vs Allen in div 1 6A) that will be the the best of the best ; ) Texas high school football is the greatest......even if their team is not good the local fans will still fill the stands and support them: that is what it is all about

Ahhhh I love playoff time.

We won 2 state championships when I was in school. Surprisingly, we only had 3 plays.

Bigfoot to the left, Bigfoot to the right, and Bigfoot down the middle.

Basketball wasn't nearly as complicated. We stuck with just one play. Get the ball to Bigfoot.

Enjoy your humor , but texas high school football is what it is all about: check and see where all the college top players are from and NFL; you want to compare stats: if you were playing in Texas high school it would Bigfoot sacked,Bigfoot sacked,Bigfoot sacked : hate to bust your bubble but Texas High School Football is where it all begins and ends : sorry big guy but that is how it is

f1tiger":52ha8aqb said:
Enjoy your humor , but texas high school football is what it is all about: check and see where all the college top players are from and NFL; you want to compare stats: if you were playing in Texas high school it would Bigfoot sacked,Bigfoot sacked,Bigfoot sacked : hate to bust your bubble but Texas High School Football is where it all begins and ends : sorry big guy but that is how it is

I'm actually not much of an athlete. I considered being in the marching band, but chose the guitar instead. I couldn't picture me inviting some young lady up to my dorm room to hear me play the tuba.

f1tiger":1tgyks9k said:

It is very serious business with Campbell's rankings of teams by division in the state along with the players.
Oldest son was ranked as linebacker and WR. This made a huge difference in where the offers came from.
UCLA, Rice, Tarleton State offered scholarships several others came in to evaluate him for their programs.
I remember SMU, SHSU, Lamar and ACU.
https://www.texasfootball.com/rankings/

Then coaches like Rusty Dowling can command just about anything they need or want. He has had 11 State play off appearances in 14 years in 5A and 4A schools.
He now is the executive director of the
Texas High School Athletic Directors Association.

This is big business.

Only thing that bothers me about it is situations like a few weeks ago. We went to a small school (2-A) to watch my grandson play a Jr. high game. The entire community and especially the school facilities looked like a complete disaster area...................but............they had a turf football field with an 8 lane track around it.

f1tiger":zo5l2zcq said:
snip...
( hopefully next week we can see Katy vs Allen in div 1 6A) that will be the the best of the best ; ) Texas high school football is the greatest......
...snip

I'm not sure if Allen did it right or wrong, but they knew early on they could only grow to a point. What they did was build one humongous high school that would bring in all the kids to one school instead of splitting them up. They've been a powerhouse ever since.

TexasBred":3oqv8ohs said:
Only thing that bothers me about it is situations like a few weeks ago. We went to a small school (2-A) to watch my grandson play a Jr. high game. The entire community and especially the school facilities looked like a complete disaster area...................but............they had a turf football field with an 8 lane track around it.

They tried to float a 60 million dollar bond here last year for new athletic facilities.
It didn't pass.

slick4591":mlj834jd said:
f1tiger":mlj834jd said:
snip...
( hopefully next week we can see Katy vs Allen in div 1 6A) that will be the the best of the best ; ) Texas high school football is the greatest......
...snip

I'm not sure if Allen did it right or wrong, but they knew early on they could only grow to a point. What they did was build one humongous high school that would bring in all the kids to one school instead of splitting them up. They've been a powerhouse ever since.
Close to 7K in HS alone. Wonder if they learn anything. Got one hellacious football program. Watched a little of their game last week. Offensive line averaged 280.... :shock: :shock:

Caustic Burno":273kfjpc said:
TexasBred":273kfjpc said:

They tried to float a 60 million dollar bond here last year for new athletic facilities.
It didn't pass.
Dam CB I didn't figure that shythole you live in even had a 60 million dollar tax base. :lol: :hide:

Largest crowd for Texas playoff Allen vs Pearland 2013 @ jerry world 54,347

f1tiger":17mdt3ug said:
Largest crowd for Texas playoff Allen vs Pearland 2013 @ jerry world 54,347

Mission and La Marque were the powerhouses in the 80's.
LMISD is in receivership today have no clue what happed to Mission.

Latest posts