Texas Facts

Help Support CattleToday:

Well, I'm Texas born and raised, but I've gotta admit that being in the middle of the Big Horn Mountains in the middle of July is pretty close to heaven, especially when it's 105 degrees back in Texas.

George

Hawk":21ezn0fx said:
C'mon, CB, if they wanted to be closer to heaven they would have relocated to Wyoming!

No offense MSScamp, but I have been up here in Cheyenne for the last couple of months on a temporary job assignment, and I wouldn't trade 100 acres of East Texas for 100 sections of Wyoming. Beautiful scenery in the high country, but just not my kind of country. And it's not even winter time yet! :lol: :lol:

Thank you, and no offense taken. :) I understand your statement completely, because I wouldn't trade 100 acres of Wyoming for 100 acres of Texas (regardless of the area), either - not even in the winter! ;-) :lol: :lol: :lol: I do wish I was able to return the compliment about beautiful scenery but, unfortunately, I haven't had the opportunity to travel extensively in Texas, and my one visit was quite a number of years ago - I'm afraid I don't remember very much. I do remember The Alamo, though, and it was absolutely awe-inspiring, we spent the entire day there and I don't think I will ever forget it.

Herefords.US":puhl7nee said:
Well, I'm Texas born and raised, but I've gotta admit that being in the middle of the Big Horn Mountains in the middle of July is pretty close to heaven, especially when it's 105 degrees back in Texas.

George

Many years ago I worked for the Sheridan Grazing Assn. 5 months in the Big Horns. 14 miles from the end of 6he closest road. I still think it was the best job I ever had. :D Z

D.R. Cattle":3t241opp said:
12. King Ranch in South Texas is larger than Rhode Island .

I once made the same statement and was corrected by Arnold Ziffle. Are you sure?

D.R.C.

I took the following information from Wikipedia online. Look at the area. The King Ranch is larger that Rhode Island.

Jack

King Ranch, located in south Texas between Corpus Christi, Texas and Brownsville, Texas, is one of the world's largest ranches (larger than Rhode Island). It is the largest ranch in the United States. The 825,000 acre (3,340 km²) ranch, founded in 1853 by Captain Richard King and Gideon K. Lewis, sprawls across six Texas counties, including most of Kenedy County. The ranch was designated a National Historic Landmark in 1961.

Providence
Area Ranked 50th
- Total 1,214* sq mi
(3,144* km²)

Three or four years ago Cattleman Magazine listed the largest ranches in the U.S. The King Ranch was not number one.
Deseret Cattle co in Florida was. Guess who owns Deseret Cattle Co. Z

msscamp":112pgv76 said:
Thank you, and no offense taken. :) I understand your statement completely, because I wouldn't trade 100 acres of Wyoming for 100 acres of Texas (regardless of the area), either - not even in the winter! ;-) :lol: :lol: :lol: I do wish I was able to return the compliment about beautiful scenery but, unfortunately, I haven't had the opportunity to travel extensively in Texas, and my one visit was quite a number of years ago - I'm afraid I don't remember very much. I do remember The Alamo, though, and it was absolutely awe-inspiring, we spent the entire day there and I don't think I will ever forget it.

It is pretty darn hard to beat Jackson, Wyoming when it comes to a lot of things. Kenai Pennisula in Alaska is darn nice too. But I do like Texas.

Now if the Texas panhandle still extended all the way to Wyoming, the way it did before Texas joined the U.S. would you be in the Texas part?

jack.diamond":34cy2fej said:
D.R. Cattle":34cy2fej said:
12. King Ranch in South Texas is larger than Rhode Island .

I once made the same statement and was corrected by Arnold Ziffle. Are you sure?

D.R.C.

I took the following information from Wikipedia online. Look at the area. The King Ranch is larger that Rhode Island.

Jack

King Ranch, located in south Texas between Corpus Christi, Texas and Brownsville, Texas, is one of the world's largest ranches (larger than Rhode Island). It is the largest ranch in the United States. The 825,000 acre (3,340 km²) ranch, founded in 1853 by Captain Richard King and Gideon K. Lewis, sprawls across six Texas counties, including most of Kenedy County. The ranch was designated a National Historic Landmark in 1961.

Providence
Area Ranked 50th
- Total 1,214* sq mi
(3,144* km²)

Ford "King Ranch" edition pickup--yes.
Ford "Rhode Island" edition pickup--Ahhh...
I think "King Ranch" wins.

Do you guys fly a french flag as part of the 6 flags? Please say it isn't so! If they could rename french fries in Washington surely you guys could get that flag down :lol:

It is a shame that Alaska is so much bigger than Texas. And I know there is a lot of waste land in Alaska..... but I have driven through some parts of Texas where there ain't anything worth stopping for either.

From the June '06 'TEXAS HIGHWAYS' : June 15,1960,the temperature hit 140 degrees in Kopperl,Texas, in Bosque county..shortly after midnight,the wind picked up to 80 to 100 mph,and the temp started to climb..It stayed that hot for 4 hours.. :shock:

Ga Prime... I don't want to seem argumentitive but there are lots of towns in Texas that don't have a Dairy Queen. Why there's Rosanky and Kingsbury and McMahon and Harwood and Campbellton and McCoy and Prairie Lea and Whitsett and, and, and :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: Z

ga. prime":kyoy37b3 said:
Every town in Texas has a Dairy Queen in it. This fact is unfortunately overlooked by the vast majority.

Sonic is replacing Dairy Queen as the most seen burger joint in a lot of places.

Latest posts