Texas drought

Help Support CattleToday:

Calman":3omj3b9p said:
It's raining this morning in my part of Texas. :clap: :clap:
Hope you are getting some your way.
You getting any rain your way,Vett?

Cal
Nope, just couldy and humid. Is raining 20 miles to the east a little bit but that is moving south. Stuff to the north is moving east. Weather map is so convoluted I don't expect it will or can rain. Will have to wait and see.

Did get the hay moved to the barn this morning. No dew this morning so that is a change and a rain sign but the sagebush says it isn't going to. .

purple sage and desert willow are both blooming,usually a good sign--but in times of drought all signs fail.

Seems to be the further north the more rain this year. But with El Nino comin this winter that might reverse. For all yall down in South TX I'm hopin it does. I was drivin up 183 through Lampasas a few weeks ago and couldn't believe how burned out is down that way. Aint nearly as bad up here closer to the Red.

BIG ole storm over Austin!! lets see if it gets here...Bet not :frowns:

I got the proverbial turd floater last night. Big storm out of nowhere. I had an above ground pool. Note I said Had. It's on it's side at the moment tangled in a fence. I darn near got blown away by the winds out here. Must have been at least seventy miles per hour. I have no idea what kind of rain we got. I have to get out when the sun comes up and find all the stuff that blew away.

Lammie":br47ngeu said:
I got the proverbial turd floater last night. Big storm out of nowhere. I had an above ground pool. Note I said Had. It's on it's side at the moment tangled in a fence. I darn near got blown away by the winds out here. Must have been at least seventy miles per hour. I have no idea what kind of rain we got. I have to get out when the sun comes up and find all the stuff that blew away.

Hope you find everything ok Lammie.We had some pretty strong winds from the north here yesterday.

Cal

Sounds like one we had about a month and a half ago. Ours was more than that of a collapsing thunderstorm. Now you get to cut up the blown over trees and fix fences they fell on.
peg4x4":17w8hn7b said:
Gust front - comes from a collapsing thunderstorm.
That is all we have been getting lately. Just the leftover wind and no rain.

All we got last night was the lightning show.

I can't tell if it rained here or not,haven't gone out yet. Seemed to be dampish out there :banana:

Latest posts