Cross-7":rrv7zmwc said:
The way it seems to work for me
Filet off the bone
Soak in salt water
Slice of jalepeno
Maybe smoked sausage if I think about it
Wrap all in bacon and grill
Eat jalepeno, sausage and bacon and feed the dove to the dog

:lol: :lol: That's kinda like the recipe for cooking hardheads (saltwater catfish). Put a rock and a hardhead in a bucket of water. Boil 'till the rock gets soft then throw the hardhead away and eat the rock.

Cross-7":2w6mh654 said:
Filet off the bone
Soak in salt water
Slice of jalepeno

I guess it's what you're raised on and also personal taste. I love a dove any way you cook it. Or duck, pheasant, fish, deer and just about anything else wild.

Cross, it may have been mentioned above I'm not sure. I've seen folks that didn't like duck meat because it's sometimes tough. I often take ducks and pick them (skin adds a lot of flavor), cook them in a pressure cooker, then pull the meat off the bones, and mix them with WILD rice or dressing and cook them in the oven. Mighty dang tasty. I've seen folks that liked duck when cooked this way. Could do the same with doves.

Cross-7":2mi9z9tx said:
Filet off the bone
Soak in salt water
Slice of jalepeno
I really like the dove, (and the bacon and cream cheese) I throw the jalapeño away.
I hate anything hot but everyone cooks them with it.

lavacarancher":1344uaur said:
Cross-7":1344uaur said:
I really like to hunt dove and enjoy cooking on the grill
I've tried everything from salt water, buttermilk, jalapeño, bacon and etc but I haven't found a way to cook then that I enjoy eating

Anybody have other ways to try ?

Split a jalapeño open and wrap it with a piece of bacon around the breast. Season with fajita seasoning and grill over mesquite. Remove the seeds and white strips from the jalapeño if you're a woos and don't like it too hot.
Stuff them with cream cheese before you do this and you have a bacon wrapped jalapeno,popper. I cook them and brown them in a skillet. In my opinion the best way around my house to eat dove. The cream cheese even outs the jalapeno. A fire might burn the cheese out, never tried it on an open fire.

lavacarancher":a9swyuke said:
Cross-7":a9swyuke said:
Filet off the bone
Soak in salt water
Slice of jalepeno

:lol: :lol: That's kinda like the recipe for cooking hardheads (saltwater catfish). Put a rock and a hardhead in a bucket of water. Boil 'till the rock gets soft then throw the hardhead away and eat the rock.
Dang you got that right. Why eat rocks!!

Latest posts