Texas Country Music

Help Support CattleToday:

Cow_Town

Reaction score
I love Texas Country to the point that I dont really care for Nashville much anymore. Anybody else feel this way ? I personally have seen the following awesome acts live : Jason Boland, Charlie Robison, Aaron Watson, Pauline Reese, Cross Canadian Ragweed, Randy Rogers Band, Stoney Larue, West 84, Pat Green, and the King himself George Strait.

Lots of good music outta Texas, and you're right, better than most of the stuff coming outta Nashville these days. Is Asleep at the Wheel still around? I saw them a couple of times years ago and have 4 or 5 of their albums. Great sound.

Yeah! you Texans do have all the fun. Wild hogs, African bees, and the music, jeez! What am I doing up here. :shock: :shock:

Cow_Town":o4bnxfj5 said:
I love Texas Country to the point that I dont really care for Nashville much anymore. Anybody else feel this way ? I personally have seen the following awesome acts live : Jason Boland, Charlie Robison, Aaron Watson, Pauline Reese, Cross Canadian Ragweed, Randy Rogers Band, Stoney Larue, West 84, Pat Green, and the King himself George Strait.

I 100% agree with you.

hehhehheh... And I only live forty minutes from Austin and get KVET on my radio. Between Texas music and Southern Rock what else could a man ask for?Z

BTW Texas Hatters just moved to Lockhart. :cboy:

asleep at the wheel is still around, saw them back in december along with jango walker, and pat green. In sulpher springs.

Pat Green sold out and went to Nashville. Ill listen to his old stuff any day, but you cant pay me to listen to his new stuff. Pretty much Ill listen to any Texas Country, or old stuff. Chris Ledoux over anything.

Asleep at the Wheel just did a gig in Austin with Willie and Ray Price. Tickets were sold out the first day they went on sale.Z

TxCoUnTrYbOy":1ym4lqod said:
Pat Green sold out and went to Nashville. Ill listen to his old stuff any day, but you cant pay me to listen to his new stuff. Pretty much Ill listen to any Texas Country, or old stuff. Chris Ledoux over anything.

I agree about Pat Green, it was in the old days when I saw him. Chris Ledoux is one of the all time greatest, I just dont think his music is in this particular genre.

Cow_Town":1gnug0gq said:

yeah i don't really like this new music either.. the old ones are good..only i don't know the authors. would you all names some of the titles?? when i started listening to the texes music i didnot know what it was but i loved it.. !!!!!

cow_crazy_101":nfc155ka said:
Cow_Town":nfc155ka said:

yeah i don't really like this new music either.. the old ones are good..only i don't know the authors. would you all names some of the titles?? when i started listening to the texes music i didnot know what it was but i loved it.. !!!!!

Just a few of my personal favorite songs:

Hank Williams wouldnt make it now in Nashville, TN : Jason Boland

Loving County : Charlie Robison

San Angelo and No Tell Motel : Aaron Watson

Cow Town
If you ever do leave Texas, you might try some Alan Jackson (Ga),
Brad Paisley (WVa) or Johnny Cash (Ark).

But I'll concede that there is enough good music in Texas that you shouldn't have to leave home.
Big 2nd to Dun's endorsement of Bob Wills.

Cow_Town":2tq5lv05 said:

Good stuff. I don't like any of that Rascal Flats, Kenny Chesney, country boy band junk.

john250":1mfm8hqy said:
Cow Town
If you ever do leave Texas, you might try some Alan Jackson (Ga),
Brad Paisley (WVa) or Johnny Cash (Ark).

But I'll concede that there is enough good music in Texas that you shouldn't have to leave home.
Big 2nd to Dun's endorsement of Bob Wills.

Oh dont get me wrong, I like Alan, Brad, and Johnny. I love all of the old country too. Rascal Fats and all that junk is what I dont care for. Of course I cant leave out the pretty little ladies like Miranda Lambert, and she's one of our own.

I will always think of Country and Western as two different things.

Edit: not that I dislike either.