Texas Boar Hunt

Help Support CattleToday:

Not illegal
Canned hog hunts? What's next? I thought it was illegal in Texas to re-release wild hogs. Guess they got around that with the fencing? If it benefits all, go for it. Otherwise drop them where they stand...
Only applies to females.
Not illegal to stock boars. You have to have a fence and keep a log .

Yeah, CB could be supplying all those colorful hogs to the company and then they could sell hunts based on personal hunter's preferences!!!!!!
See @Caustic Burno ... you are sitting on a goldmine business of catching and selling those hogs and you didn't even know it...... ;) :ROFLMAO:
Just checked the trap, going to set the door tonight!

Attachments

• 6D0F637F-A151-43BE-81F7-2AF60DD3708B.jpeg
    6D0F637F-A151-43BE-81F7-2AF60DD3708B.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 12
CB - do you provide a hunting guide with hogs? Evidently, they are paid by weight, because they weighed these hogs as they were released. They released about 7, but only saw 3. Only the "big boy" gave us a shot.
No I apply a 22 LR to all trapped.
They are most likely a state registered disposal site.
They buy trapped hogs for slaughter.

CB - do you provide a hunting guide with hogs? Evidently, they are paid by weight, because they weighed these hogs as they were released. They released about 7, but only saw 3. Only the "big boy" gave us a shot.
They might have been weighed for the ranch's log.

It's illegal to move hogs and release them back in to the wild in Texas because they can spread diseases. Sows can only be transported for slaughter. Only boars or barrs can be transported for hunts to approved, inspected, ranches... legally.

These are not being released "back into the wild". This is a totally enclosed high fence hunting farm.
I like seeing females like yourself involved in hunting, especially taking the lead. I deal with some of these macho acting guys that say some stupid stuff about what men and women should be doing. Many of them arent half as good of shots as the ladies I know.

My earliest hunting memories are actually bird doging for my mom while she was dove hunting. My brother was older and hunting with my dad since he was shooting already so I went with mom to fetch birds.

I also had a couple older female cousins that were some heck of a good skeet shooters. They use to come pick us up when we were young and take us hunting and stuff. It was always a great time.

We have had some good hunts with my son and my mother where they both took some nice pigs. I like my son seeing his grandmother lay the smack down on them to keep his mind right. Plus, I get to tell my dad we got our skills from her. 😜

Your nephew is lucky to have a good hunting partner/ mentor like yourself.

I've always been told women have naturally steadier hands, in general. I learned early on you dont challenge females to free hand or bench shooting contests. There is a good chance you will get your feelings hurt.😄

Thank you! As mentioned, I never grew up hunting (city girl). My husband was a great duck/pheasant shot - grew up hunting. I was the bird dog - LOL. My kind of hunting is letting the victim walk up to or by me.
We used to be strictly slugs. Hubby bought me a 20ga Remington back in 78? We just started being able to use a rifle on my land. I bought a Tikka T3. I was afraid to use a scope, but it fits nice and feels good. We meat hunt our deer. Not looking for a fancy rack. Although, I do have an 11 point on the wall - just the rack. Not into trophy heads!

Thank you! As mentioned, I never grew up hunting (city girl). My husband was a great duck/pheasant shot - grew up hunting. I was the bird dog - LOL. My kind of hunting is letting the victim walk up to or by me.
We used to be strictly slugs. Hubby bought me a 20ga Remington back in 78? We just started being able to use a rifle on my land. I bought a Tikka T3. I was afraid to use a scope, but it fits nice and feels good. We meat hunt our deer. Not looking for a fancy rack. Although, I do have an 11 point on the wall - just the rack. Not into trophy heads!
Funny KS duck hunting story: Neighbor & one of his friends came out to hunt the watershed, which was completely frozen at that time. First shot, just after daylight, was perfect and the duck hit the ice not far from their blind. I'll be damned if a bald eagle didn't immediately swoop down & snatch the duck - while they stood there in disbelief. WTH just happened?😅

I like seeing females like yourself involved in hunting, especially taking the lead. I deal with some of these macho acting guys that say some stupid stuff about what men and women should be doing. Many of them arent half as good of shots as the ladies I know.

My earliest hunting memories are actually bird doging for my mom while she was dove hunting. My brother was older and hunting with my dad since he was shooting already so I went with mom to fetch birds.

I also had a couple older female cousins that were some heck of a good skeet shooters. They use to come pick us up when we were young and take us hunting and stuff. It was always a great time.

We have had some good hunts with my son and my mother where they both took some nice pigs. I like my son seeing his grandmother lay the smack down on them to keep his mind right. Plus, I get to tell my dad we got our skills from her. 😜

Your nephew is lucky to have a good hunting partner/ mentor like yourself.

I've always been told women have naturally steadier hands, in general. I learned early on you dont challenge females to free hand or bench shooting contests. There is a good chance you will get your feelings hurt.😄
Out of all my grandkids my youngest granddaughter is tough with a long gun.

Attachments

• 955F8775-7A07-4DCD-80C3-D2A28595E10E.jpeg
    4.5 MB · Views: 30
Well I will set the trigger in a day or two.

Attachments

• 33798C17-CA17-49F9-9DD1-6F92D00C0B60.jpeg
    33798C17-CA17-49F9-9DD1-6F92D00C0B60.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 8
  • B3A31D50-7C17-4567-998E-C97DF27E6465.jpeg
    B3A31D50-7C17-4567-998E-C97DF27E6465.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 8
We went to Boar Creek, Tennessee Colony. Had a great time. Turned out we were the only hunters there that weekend, so we had the place to ourselves. We were kind of looking forward to visiting with other hunters, but the guide and his Mom (the cook) were great. This place has had 600+ hogs killed on their property (fenced). So he buys hogs trapped by other farmers. He has a "Hambush". They turn purchased hogs loose after they are weighed. Hogs can go many different routes, but if they stay on the open road, they go by a shooting station. Guide designates who can shoot. I told him to let Phil (nephew) shoot at all of the ones that come by - I do not shoot at running animals. I can shoot long shots and am very accurate, but not running shots. They had a big boar and he was mean. Guide did not want him to survive, so he wanted both of us to try to kill him. Well, we both shot, boar went about 30 feet. We hit same spot - about 1/2" apart. So, the boar is both of ours.

Dang should have invited your friends over here at Cattle2day. We could have came shot the b.s. Looks like ya'll had a great time. Love ya'll pictures.

Being how we do not have an invasion here of wild hogs... and hope we never do, but they are moving north.... it amazes me that there are so many wild pigs and hogs out there all the time....

Granddaughter got a NICE deer.