Texas A&M Beef Cattle Short Course

Help Support CattleToday:

BoJack Cattle

Reaction score
I am considering attending the Beef Cattle Short Course at Texas A&M this summer, has anyone attended? Comments.

I have been going for the last 4 or 5 years. It has some real good information and some take it with a grain of salt. The one thing i like is most of the instructors all own cattle. So the information they are giving is something they use. I can not stand for people that don't own cattle to tell me what i should be doing.

You might also want to consider the School for Successful Ranching. It is sposored by the Texas Southwest Cattle Raisers Association. This year's school is in Corpus March 14-15. If you are a TSCRA member, the school is only $60 per person and includes your lunch.

We went last year and really learned alot. http://www.texascattleraisers.org has the schedule and registration form. They have divided the school into three catagories but you can choose whatever classes you want.

I have been looking at the short course also. Maybe this year...

It's very good, and I strongly suggest you go if you have the opportunity. I've gone to many of them. There is a good trade show going on during the course, and it's nice that they structure it so you can pick and choose what courses to attend.

I have attended the TAMU beef shortcourse a numberof times. Lots of good information to digest and then see how to apply to this operation. Sometimes you hear somethings you don't want to hear, but that is to warn you of changes in the industry.

anyone have a link for the TAMU cattle course this summer? Couldn't find it on the website. thanks