test results are in........

Help Support CattleToday:

A

Anonymous

The sample I pulled 40 days after turning the cow over to my friends bull just came back..I have to say I'm impressed with how quickly I got the results..........and the answer is..........she took! This also narrows down my calving window greatly and somewhat verifies that she got bred the first day or few days she was there......thanks everyone for all the info!

It all depends on what you want to do, but I generally pull a second sample a few months later to verify she didn't abort. They have a number on the report....something like 0.35xx that tells you the "strength" (or at least that's how I look at it) of the pregnancy. The later they are in pregnancy the higher this number generally is. Just a tidbit I thought I'd point out in case you were curious.

Thanks, I thought about doing just that in 3 months or so. She came in at .169. .167 is the top end of what they call preg so she is over that even. Gonna help a friend pull a sample on one of his sunday. Love it when things come together like they're supposed to