test question #4

Help Support CattleToday:

CopeMan

Reaction score
What was the name of the bull who in 1989 killed the worlds greatest bull rider Lane Frost?

jt":32ra8jv2 said:
rgv4":32ra8jv2 said:
Campground Cattle":32ra8jv2 said:
certherfbeef":32ra8jv2 said:
Bodacious

Correct

Sorry guys, it was the bull Takin' Care of Business

i believe bodacious was the bull that almost killed his buddy tuff hedeman.

Ill agree with that. Tuff took a nasty blow to the face on Bodacious. Well you guys that said Takin' Care of Buisness are correct. It happened in Cheyenne, Wyoming. I thought maybe some peopple would say Red Rock. Red Rock was unridden I think 302 times, then here comes good ole' Lane and, he is the first to ever ride him.

CopeMan":cpyi1ckx said:
What was the name of the bull who in 1989 killed the worlds greatest bull rider Lane Frost?

The bull was Taking Care of Business that stepped on him at the Cheyenne Frontier days rodeo. Red Rock was the bull he had a challenge series with. Bodacious got Tuff and several others before they retired him because he was so dangerous.

CopeMan":e9bhj2e1 said:
jt":e9bhj2e1 said:
rgv4":e9bhj2e1 said:
Campground Cattle":e9bhj2e1 said:
certherfbeef":e9bhj2e1 said:
Bodacious

Correct

Sorry guys, it was the bull Takin' Care of Business

i believe bodacious was the bull that almost killed his buddy tuff hedeman.

Ill agree with that. Tuff took a nasty blow to the face on Bodacious. Well you guys that said Takin' Care of Buisness are correct. It happened in Cheyenne, Wyoming. I thought maybe some peopple would say Red Rock. Red Rock was unridden I think 302 times, then here comes good ole' Lane and, he is the first to ever ride him.

We must have been typing at the same time-- My daughters had talked to Lane and got autograph's from him earlier that week......

And Lane Frost successfully rode Takin Care of Business for the full 8, just seconds before he was killed. And I could sure be wrong on this, but my memory is that Bodacious was retired, relatively early and voluntarily, by his owner after the Tuff Hedeman wreck and close calls to a few others --- just because he was deemed to be so dangerous. Don't think that had been done very often before or after, if ever.

Yeah CRR. The movie was made about Lane's life.
Very good and touching movie I may add.

My only problem with the movie was that it made my brother and I want to ride bulls, we thought we could stay on.... It's a great movie! At some point in my life I still want to climb on the back of one of them big Brahman bulls but don't know if I'm still that brave/stupid or w/e you wanna call it. Ropin sounds better to me

Me and my friends have been going to bull ridins' every monday night, right here in town at the local C5 ranch, they raise Longhorns for team roping, and they put those on also along with bull riding. My friend is going to ride. Amateurs can ride for 35 dollars, Id like to do it but dont know if I ever will. we go up behind the chutes...man you get a whole different feel for it up there...almost like your going to ride yourself. All of us guys are going to steer wrestle and try to win 50 bucks next week, hopefully if it doesnt rain this weeks out like last Monday.

Before Red Rock was sold to the PRCA contactor who owned him he was ridden twice in the ametuer rodeos. I know both of the guy who rode him. But by the next year when he went to the PRCA he got a little more age on him and was more than just a little ranker.
So another question. Who was the bull that bucked off Donny Gay costing him a ninth world title (hint, or his first title)?
Dave

Arnold Ziffle":2lpnr9ad said:
And Lane Frost successfully rode Takin Care of Business for the full 8, just seconds before he was killed. And I could sure be wrong on this, but my memory is that Bodacious was retired, relatively early and voluntarily, by his owner after the Tuff Hedeman wreck and close calls to a few others --- just because he was deemed to be so dangerous. Don't think that had been done very often before or after, if ever.

Was Bodacious a dangerous bull in that he bucked so hard and violently? Or was he a dangerous bull in that he after the ride he would come after you? Or both?

Bodacious wasn't all that bad after he bucked you off. He was just rank. Jumped high, came down hard with a lot of down draft and tended to whip people down on to the back of his head just as his head was going back up. When you kiss one of them on the back of the head it tends to hurt.
Dave

CopeMan":2rre3p0h said:
Me and my friends have been going to bull ridins' every monday night, right here in town at the local C5 ranch, they raise Longhorns for team roping, and they put those on also along with bull riding. My friend is going to ride. Amateurs can ride for 35 dollars, Id like to do it but dont know if I ever will. we go up behind the chutes...man you get a whole different feel for it up there...almost like your going to ride yourself. All of us guys are going to steer wrestle and try to win 50 bucks next week, hopefully if it doesnt rain this weeks out like last Monday.

Do it while you're young and your bones and muscles still heal relatively fast. Only problem with that is gives you more years to live with the fruit of your folly.

dun

Latest posts