Terrorism....

Help Support CattleToday:

Status
Not open for further replies.

greenpasture78

Reaction score
Just to remind you America isn't the only country with attacks by terrorists. In the past few weeks we have been seeing grueling pictures from Russia. Russia and America are in the same battleground in the war on terrorism.... America has its Al-Qaida plauge; Russia has its Chenchya (I have trouble speeling this word...Russian language is very confusing!). I believe we should help our fellow Russian friends (or foes depend on your thinking...I am sure a few of you are still in Cold War mode). If we do something for them; they will do something in return..... BUUUUUUUUTTTTT as long there is an conservative-minded President in the House, it will never happen! Which will surprise me because Russia has some major oil companies....Bush might think about it and "steal" the companies for himself (or selves he does show signs of multiple personalities).

Opps...hit the submit button....heres (yah I know...Yahoo again....) the link from that awful school terrorist attacks...these are just KIDS! KIDS I say! What has children done? Very innocent lives are lost....this made me very sad..... I am having the very same sadness I experienced after OKC, 9/11, and 3/11 attacks...except the grief is deeper because many Children are the victims! What next???????
http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=s ... 8&ncid=716

That's why Bush has us in Iraq - to rid the world of these terrorists - not for oil! We don't have to have their oil. We have our own oil - we just need for the environmental wackos to let us drill for it. Terrorism is a horrible thing for any country to have to deal with. I suspect Spain and Russia may have a different attitude for what the USA is doing today as opposed to what they thought a few months ago! The rest of the world better wake up! If these other countries keep pulling out their people, (regardless of how few or how many there are) and keep bowing to terrorist demands, noone will be safe. It's time to get in, not get out!

Ya know the logic that W is in this for the oil makes me sick. If he and his family were rice farmers I suppose you (GP) think we would attack some country that grows rice. This war is not about personal gain,it is about what our great nation has stood for for over 200 years. FREEDOM.We will not be oppresed. And since your shedding tears about the Russian children have you forgotten there was a day care center in Oklahoma City or the fact that there were children killed at the World Trade Center. And God knows the thousands of children that are left without one or both parents because of these attacks on America.We have made great strides toward world peace,but peace comes at a cost. If we had never been involved in a war you might be a fair haired blue eyed German speaking person today instead of A FREE AMERICAN !!

greenpasture78":3izcvg2b said:
I have trouble speeling this word...Russian language is very confusing!
Yeah, GP. I can sure as Hell see where you might have a little trouble with your Russian! Maybe you could master it if you went over there and studied as a rezident?

greenpasture78":3izcvg2b said:
...BUUUUUUUUTTTTT as long there is an conservative-minded President in the House, it will never happen!
Well, let's go to D.C. right now and kick Bush/Cheny/Halliburton out of office. If the Russians don't want 'em, I don't either! That West Coast logic of your's is really amazing, GP........

Texan":33rkgg05 said:
greenpasture78":33rkgg05 said:
I have trouble speeling this word...Russian language is very confusing!
Yeah, GP. I can sure as Hell see where you might have a little trouble with your Russian! Maybe you could master it if you went over there and studied as a rezident?
Never mind, GP. That was stupid of me. Twenty-five years living here with the taxpayer paying the bill for 17 years of schooling hasn't done much for your English!

This is good news on the behalf of the International world...the Russians are joining the fight against the war on terrorism. The Russians has been noted to "go alone" in their fights, now they have lay aside their stubborness and asked NATO for help.
I saw a brief clip of the children who were being held hostages....I'd almost lost it seeing those children who were alive and well now are in body bags and in process to be buried. This is Russia's "9/11" so there is the same shock, grief, and anger as we felt after our own 9/11 attacks....
I believe Bush should remove the extra troops in Iraq to help the Russian military to fight the Chenchen rebels.... It'll benefits and strenghten our relationship with the Russian gov't (which is quite tenous and very tense at the moment). If we help them, it will broaden our trades with Russia....its a B I G country so there is resources we can provide and increase our storage... We don't need oil from Iraq..theres plenty in the US alone. This is only one man's opinion.. Yes its an OPINION.

Anyhoo heres the link of the story....
http://news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&u ... _nato_dc_2

greenpasture78 said:
I believe Bush should remove the extra troops in Iraq to help the Russian military to fight the Chenchen rebels.... It'll benefits and strenghten our relationship with the Russian gov't (which is quite tenous and very tense at the moment). If we help them, it will broaden our trades with Russia....its a B I G country so there is resources we can provide and increase our storage...
:shock: Huh? Remove what extra troops? Increase our storage of what? Good Lord,what next?

greenpasture78":2ai5dm2k said:
I believe Bush should remove the extra troops in Iraq to help the Russian military to fight the Chenchen rebels....
I thought your buddy Kerry was saying that we didn't have enough troops in Iraq? Now he says there's extra? And you want us to help the Russians? How much help do they give us ? I'm sorry for the kids and their parents, but I say let the Russians get bent!

If we help them, it will broaden our trades with Russia....its a B I G country so there is resources we can provide and increase our storage...
Its a big, BROKE country! Unless the Halliburton White House can figure out a way to get all of their oil, why would we want to trade with them. I don't think their credit's good enough!

We don't need oil from Iraq..theres plenty in the US alone.
We've already spent a lot of money to steal the oil from Iraq. Let's get their's and save our's for later!

Gp78 again your Alligator mouth has overloaded your hummingbird butt

US Production capacity, about 8 million barrels per day, is accomplished with about 533,000 oil wells, averaging less than 17 barrels per well per day.

U.S. cosumpution is 11 million BPD 42 gals to a barrel
12 Million BPD refining capacity at 100% production,most refineries operate at 90% capacity. This is due to unplaned Shutdowns and maintence work.

So NOW it's ok for you (GP) to tug on Gdubs shirtails and ask him to send troops to Russia. Thought he was a lowlife in your eyes. Amazes me that the only times some other countrys want or need our help is when they can't handle thier own crapola. Who the hell helps the good ole USA in OUR country? You see any aid in 9-11 or for the people in Florida from the Commies or any other country? I say HORSEPUCKY!!!!

No. I don't approve sending troops to Iraq because Iraq does not meet the guidelines under "War on Terrorism".... yes it meets some merits but we could've taken care of Iraq later in time.... Yes Saddam is bad and an terrorist but what has he done to America? Just give us a huge headache! If other muslim nations didn't like Saddam, why didn't they oust him out themselves? What about the Shi'ites and the Kurds? Can't they do it themelves? I am tired of babysitting these people. Bush went to war in Iraq because Cheney wanted to sent his Halliburton cronies to work in their ways.... not the Iraqi ways. Bush should've stayed more focus on hunting down Al-Qaida, the REAL terrorists. Flush out the beehives of Syria, Iran, and Sudan, and numerous other countries before jumping into the Iraq Wagon.
Tell me this.....if people are saying before the war, Saddam has moved his WMDs to Syria, why aren't we in Syria looking for them? Because Bush doesn't care much for the safety of our troops, the safety of America..all he cares is how much cash flow is coming from his precious oil fields in Iraq. It sounds too logical doesn't it? Scares ya huh?
I say we should help the Russians because the Chenchen rebels are very much like Al-Qaida (heard on radio today that bin Laden gave high praises to the Chenchen rebels! :mad: ). Plus I have little if no tolerance for children killers! We should help them prevent more children getting killed by these maniacs! Remember always good things comes to good if you help them...in time they will return the favors.
PS We are a big broke country too so whats the difference? Secondly, they are no longer Communists..... Today, the Russians roamed down the streets of Moscow to protest terrorism, to fight against terrorism. Twenty (or even ten) years ago, these people would not given these oppurtunities to protest their feelings. I was quite moved to hear this because after 9/11 people did not roam the streets to show their support to fight terrorism.... its quite :oops: is it? Maybe on 9/11 people will walk the streets of NY and DC to show support to fight terrorism? Or are we gonna hide? Its up to you....the people have the power!

greenpasture78":3hzpgpzy said:
It sounds too logical doesn't it? Scares ya huh?
No,it sounds like exactly what it is-a bucket of horse dung. The only thing that scares me is the possibility of people who think like you being in a position to flush this country down the toilet.

greenpasture78":3pnm3afc said:
If other muslim nations didn't like Saddam, why didn't they oust him out themselves? What about the Shi'ites and the Kurds? Can't they do it themelves?

Correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't they try to do this, and weren't entire cities gassed because of it? Thousands upon thousands of innocent men, women and children?

Bush should've stayed more focus on hunting down Al-Qaida, the REAL terrorists. Flush out the beehives of Syria, Iran, and Sudan, and numerous other countries before jumping into the Iraq Wagon.

Will someone please explain the concept of strategic positioning to GP both from a logistical and a psychological perspective? I don't think he gets it.......

We should help them prevent more children getting killed by these maniacs!

Um......prevent? Isn't that what we're doing for our own country? Preventing something like that from happening by going on the offensive?

Remember always good things comes to good if you help them...in time they will return the favors.

Like France? Didn't we liberate the whole country from Hitler 60 years or so ago? Just what was the favor they've returned for that?

You know, if you actually want people to take you seriously, you might want to take an additional course in grammar. It saddens me that you claim to be university educated and have trouble with past and present tenses in your sentences. In order to establish a measure of credibility, the ability to write sentences that are not only grammatically correct but also contain the corect tenses are imperative. If I could get past your obvious lack of writing skills, I might consider some of your points from a "is this what the young people of today really think?" perspective, but as it stands now, I'm in the same boat with Chuck and his bucket of horse dung.

Best of luck to you. I guess we need ditch diggers too.

TR. I offered gp a job starting at the top and he wouldn't accept it.
Ditch digging would be out of his line of expertise.

TR":2al2bo6k said:
Will someone please explain the concept of strategic positioning to GP both from a logistical and a psychological perspective? I don't think he gets it.......
You know TR, I sat and looked at the screen for a long time, trying to decide where to begin. I finally just gave up.

Chuck":3fkf256c said:
TR":3fkf256c said:
You know TR, I sat and looked at the screen for a long time, trying to decide where to begin. I finally just gave up.

Mahoney Pursley Ranch wrote an excellent post somewhere on here explaining it and I'll be danged if I know where to look for it again. He summed better than I ever could. Talked about by plunking our troops smack dab in the middle of their territory, it not only allowed us to be in a better position militarily, it also had an impact on Syria's Nuclear Weapon policy as well as the responses of other countries. I guess you could look at it this way......if you were to erase all boundries in the Middle East, where would you want to station troops to have the biggest impact both from a military standpoint as well as making other areas stand up and notice that we were serious on flushing out terrorists? I would think that being right in the geographical middle of that area would provide us with the military positioning to back up our requests for the other areas to give up on harboring terrorists as well as nuclear weapons development. Seems that Syria has seen this as well.

Basically its the same tactic that we deployed after WWII when we established a base in Germany to thwart any thoughts of uprisings in Europe. It gave us a base from which to conduct military operations in the area if needed and our presence also served to deture any thoughts of uprisings. Europe and Russia no longer pose a threat to the US, the Middle East does, so where would the best place be to establish the same military presence in order to acheive the same results that we did post WWII and during the cold war? Smack dab in the middle of the Middle East, and todays geographical boundries mark that as Iraq. The fact that it is Iraq and all that implies from ousting Saddam, freeing a nation from tyranny, terrorist hangouts, nuclear weapons, payback for the attempt on George Sr.'s life, etc is a nice little bonus. All the indicators point to us having to do what we did in order to eventually bring about the possibility of peace in the Middle East.

As I said though, Mahoney Pursley Ranch was much better at summing it up than I ever could be.

TR":3i830rdh said:
Mahoney Pursley Ranch wrote an excellent post somewhere on here explaining it and I'll be danged if I know where to look for it again. He summed better than I ever could.

i think it was Craig. he posted it yesterday in a response to eric.

On a slightly different note this morning, I was watching the video of those children in Beslan. One little boy in particular reminded me very much of my youngest son. Its kind of been haunting me ever since. They said that the Chechen terrorists had made the video showing how to strategically locate the explosives to do the maximum damage to all the people in the gymnasium. This was supposed to be an instructional video for any other terrorists who might want to follow in their footsteps. They never had any intention of letting them go.

I have a proposal. I think that if they catch one of these two Chechen leaders who were responsible for this that we should slowly dissect them piece by piece. Cutting a little bit of them off at a time and slowly peeling their skin off in strips until they die a slow painful death. Then we can use this as an instructional video for other terrorists who may want to follow in their footsteps.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts