Terrorism....

Help Support CattleToday:

Status
Not open for further replies.
TR":38ve5ha4 said:
Chuck":38ve5ha4 said:
TR":38ve5ha4 said:
Will someone please explain the concept of strategic positioning to GP both from a logistical and a psychological perspective? I don't think he gets it.......
You know TR, I sat and looked at the screen for a long time, trying to decide where to begin. I finally just gave up.

Mahoney Pursley Ranch wrote an excellent post somewhere on here explaining it and I'll be danged if I know where to look for it again. He summed better than I ever could. Talked about by plunking our troops smack dab in the middle of their territory, it not only allowed us to be in a better position militarily, it also had an impact on Syria's Nuclear Weapon policy as well as the responses of other countries. I guess you could look at it this way......if you were to erase all boundries in the Middle East, where would you want to station troops to have the biggest impact both from a military standpoint as well as making other areas stand up and notice that we were serious on flushing out terrorists? I would think that being right in the geographical middle of that area would provide us with the military positioning to back up our requests for the other areas to give up on harboring terrorists as well as nuclear weapons development. Seems that Syria has seen this as well.

Basically its the same tactic that we deployed after WWII when we established a base in Germany to thwart any thoughts of uprisings in Europe. It gave us a base from which to conduct military operations in the area if needed and our presence also served to deture any thoughts of uprisings. Europe and Russia no longer pose a threat to the US, the Middle East does, so where would the best place be to establish the same military presence in order to acheive the same results that we did post WWII and during the cold war? Smack dab in the middle of the Middle East, and todays geographical boundries mark that as Iraq. The fact that it is Iraq and all that implies from ousting Saddam, freeing a nation from tyranny, terrorist hangouts, nuclear weapons, payback for the attempt on George Sr.'s life, etc is a nice little bonus. All the indicators point to us having to do what we did in order to eventually bring about the possibility of peace in the Middle East.

As I said though, Mahoney Pursley Ranch was much better at summing it up than I ever could be.

Craig wrote it was deleted along with mine

Campground Cattle":1zeudy68 said:
Craig wrote it was deleted along with mine

it's on page 2 of the "Miller" thread.

It was a good one. Sorry Craig. Should have given credit where it was due. My apologies.

Thanks but proper credit is not important. I just hope that productive folks like Eric will stop and think about the importance of this war before they vote. What happened at the school in Russia this week could happen here.

"Put your trust in God and keep your powder dry"

Craig-TX

Thanks but proper credit is not important. I just hope that productive folks like Eric will stop and think about the importance of this war before they vote. What happened at the school in Russia this week could happen here.

Education is the key. Get educated about the facts before you get to the polls.

txshowmom":1vuheklw said:

Its easy to set at a computer and whine when nothing but a few dollars invested. There are several people on this board that have a whole lot more invested than a few dollars.
This again is about freedom and our way of life.
This is not politically correct but we are in the second Holy War.

God Bless the U.S.A. and our troops defending my freedom.

It is, in a way, an odd thing to honor those who died in defense of our country, in defense of us, in wars far away. The imagination plays a trick. We see these soldiers in our mind as old and wise. We see them as something like the Founding Fathers, grave and gray-haired. But most of them were boys when they died, and they gave up two lives—the one they were living and the one they would have lived. When they died, they gave up their chance to be husbands and fathers and grandfathers. They gave up their chance to be revered old men. They gave up everything for our country, for us. And all we can do is remember.
-Ronald Reagan

Campground Cattle":1wv8c117 said:
It is, in a way, an odd thing to honor those who died in defense of our country, in defense of us, in wars far away. The imagination plays a trick. We see these soldiers in our mind as old and wise. We see them as something like the Founding Fathers, grave and gray-haired. But most of them were boys when they died, and they gave up two lives—the one they were living and the one they would have lived. When they died, they gave up their chance to be husbands and fathers and grandfathers. They gave up their chance to be revered old men. They gave up everything for our country, for us. And all we can do is remember.
-Ronald Reagan
Amen

txshowmom":2bmqdyfb said:

Education is not the key. You can educate an idiot. We already have too many educated idiots voting. Intelligence is the key.Not many intelligent voters out there .

ollie":3l4wvez0 said:
txshowmom":3l4wvez0 said:

Education is not the key. You can educate an idiot. We already have too many educated idiots voting. Intelligence is the key.Not many intelligent voters out there .

Amen to that!

He who dares not offend cannot be honest.
-Winston Churchill

This is a Holy war against Islam and you better come to grips with it.
Because in their mind it is a Holy War against Christians We are the infidel.

You don't win a War dying for your country you win by killing the other poor dumb bas___ and making him die for his.
-George Patton

Campground Cattle":3bj7uwog said:
-Winston Churchill

You don't win a War dying for your country you win by killing the other poor dumb bas___ and making him die for his.
-George Patton
You are wiser than your years grasshopper :cboy:

Campground Cattle":219igs90 said:
-Winston Churchill

-George Patton
I have read the end of the Book. They loose.

ollie":1bn4wqmo said:
Campground Cattle":1bn4wqmo said:
-Winston Churchill

-George Patton
I have read the end of the Book. They loose.

Absolutely true Ollie. Glad you put it in the ultimate perspective. We must never loose sight of that. In the meantime we must also strive to preserve our honor, and that of our country.

Craig-TX

Campground Cattle":4if7bn7s said:
This is a Holy war against Islam and you better come to grips with it. Because in their mind it is a Holy War against Christians We are the infidel.

This is a good point that we as Americans need to process thoroughly and honestly. We are in a replay of the Crusades.

We view things much differently than the Muslim world. No doubt there are many Muslims, probably the vast majority of Muslims, who simply want to provide for their kids and live a peaceable life. But there is a very significant percentage of Muslims who hate everything a Christian, an American and a Westerner stand for, and they are in leadership positions. They resent our success, or freedom and our way of life. Instead of aspiring to achieve the same for themselves through enlightenment and hard work they are bent on destroying us.

You can't negotiate with people who make bombs out of their young men and women to kill other people's women and kids, who hide behind their own women and kids to fight, who follow a false religion that operates on hatred. You can't reason with them, dialogue with them, sign peace treaties with them. It's like trying to strike a deal with fire ants. They must be taken out.

The sooner we wake up and realize this the sooner we can get on with winning this thing. It will still take years to accomplish.

Craig-TX

Hmmm.....here is something for y'alls to read CAREFULLY and closely. There has been Chechen and Al-Qaeda links! There has been hardcore evidence there are ties between the two terrorist groups (as oppose to Iraq to Al-Qaeda links which is nonexistent). I think our boys (and girls) should pack their bags and head north (don't forget the winter gears) and shoot every one of those damn Chechen rebels and all Black Widows women! Who vote to sent American troops to Chenycha? I do! No Texan I will not go there so you can be happy....sorry Txag and LA4angus I am not comply to your wishes either. Anyhoo, heres the article
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/5889819/site/newsweek/
YES! for once it didn't come from Yahoo!

greenpasture78":y6mneqfz said:
Just to remind you America isn't the only country with attacks by terrorists. In the past few weeks we have been seeing grueling pictures from Russia. Russia and America are in the same battleground in the war on terrorism.... America has its Al-Qaida plauge; Russia has its Chenchya (I have trouble speeling this word...Russian language is very confusing!). I believe we should help our fellow Russian friends (or foes depend on your thinking...I am sure a few of you are still in Cold War mode). If we do something for them; they will do something in return..... BUUUUUUUUTTTTT as long there is an conservative-minded President in the House, it will never happen! Which will surprise me because Russia has some major oil companies....Bush might think about it and "steal" the companies for himself (or selves he does show signs of multiple personalities).

What do you mean by help? Go fight the Terrorist, send them money, send people to rebuild the school, or what?

Tod

Yes, fight the terrorists (that what we were doing until Bush got off track and sent most of our troops to an oversized sandbox filled with rats who can barely support themselves), and provide military assistance (intel, ops operations, techincal support (tracking the terrorists in their caves), and possibly help rebuild the school if possible. As you know (look on the map in case you don't....I am not being rude....) Russia is a HUGE country (two contienents and 15 different time zones) therefore there is plenty of place for terrorists to hide.... The more men (and women) on their side to hunt the terrorists the better chance to find them. I tried this logic on you in the same situation in Afghanistan. if we had 150,000 of our troops currently in Iraq to move Afghanistan, we have a greater chance of capturing our number one most wanted man and our biggest enemy: bin Laden himself. That is the biggest reason why I hate Bush. He does not grasp or comprehend (will someone out there snap him out of his blank eyed status?) this VERY simple logic. Yesterday was Sept. 11th and neither Bush nor Rumsfeld don't seem to remember the real objectivity in the War on Terrorism....... What happened to the "flushing them out of their caves" speeches? Or "Will get bin Laden dead or alive" speeches? I do sure miss those, don't you?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts