Terrible Accident After the UK Game

Help Support CattleToday:

A Go Fund Me account has been set up for the family of my little 2nd cousin Marco Lee Shemwell.
https://www.gofundme.com/vfyu7t-marco?member=767964
I want to thank everyone here for their prayers and continued prayers and kind thoughts. If you would like to donate I would like to thank you too on behalf of the family. Just a terrible incident that could have happened to anyone, just little precious Marco happened to be the one at the side of the sidewalk that moment.
I suppose the almighty has a plan a way too use this tragedy for something positive. Marco had severe spinal damage. Maybe his organs can save others lives and someone who hear this will think before he or her drink and drive.

Have heard that Coach Mark Stoops, the team and staff as well as some of the UK Police Department, UK Health Care and PICA team and first responders whom helped will be honorary pallbearers at Marco's funeral. The love shown from everyone has been awesome and is very much appreciated and is a comfort blanket to the whole family.

Got back from the visitation and funeral last night. Was amazed by the support of so many. Police did a wonderful job leading the possession to cemetery and showing their respect and keeping everyone safe. Seen a few with a full salute as we went by. On lookers with somber faces paying their respects. TV camera's getting their story. All this with it raining. Was one idiot who pulled out directly in front of a cousin in the possession and around everyone else parked on the sides of the streets. Sure hope the police got him.
Thought the service was really great and ended with a perfect end. Sharpest looking UK Blue casket ever. Tremendous respect for coach stoops, ad mitch barnhart, and the UK team. Was pretty neat seeing them come through with the game ball and gifts for big brother. Benny Snell spent the most time at the casket. LB Kash Daniel brought a little football and you could tell he was a bit emotional. Marco wanted to be a LB just like Kash. TE CJ Conrad carried a big box gift. I'm a Kentucky fan but this team will always be remembered now as one of my favorites regardless if they win another game or not.
Got to say it was the 2nd most emotional funeral for me, the top being my brother's Brad. Most funerals I can make it through without breaking a tear after Brad's but Marco's was able to bring the emotion out. But tears of happiness and joy. I'm sure they're having a ball up north in the clouds of Heaven maybe even a football game. Marco was so loved and will be missed but we know he's just waiting on us to come for the party.

FlyingLSimmentals":2dtb4tkx said:
Got back from the visitation and funeral last night. Was amazed by the support of so many. Police did a wonderful job leading the possession to cemetery and showing their respect and keeping everyone safe. Seen a few with a full salute as we went by. On lookers with somber faces paying their respects. TV camera's getting their story. All this with it raining. Was one idiot who pulled out directly in front of a cousin in the possession and around everyone else parked on the sides of the streets. Sure hope the police got him.
Thought the service was really great and ended with a perfect end. Sharpest looking UK Blue casket ever. Tremendous respect for coach stoops, ad mitch barnhart, and the UK team. Was pretty neat seeing them come through with the game ball and gifts for big brother. Benny Snell spent the most time at the casket. LB Kash Daniel brought a little football and you could tell he was a bit emotional. Marco wanted to be a LB just like Kash. TE CJ Conrad carried a big box gift. I'm a Kentucky fan but this team will always be remembered now as one of my favorites regardless if they win another game or not.
Got to say it was the 2nd most emotional funeral for me, the top being my brother's Brad. Most funerals I can make it through without breaking a tear after Brad's but Marco's was able to bring the emotion out. But tears of happiness and joy. I'm sure they're having a ball up north in the clouds of Heaven maybe even a football game. Marco was so loved and will be missed but we know he's just waiting on us to come for the party.

Mike

I saw the coverage on channel 18 last evening. This was an extreme tragedy. They played footage of Marco. Oh man, that was emotional. He was a precious little guy.

The football team was magnificent. Their sincerity was very obvious.

My sympathy to his parents. Their loss is monumental. Beyond words.

Latest posts