Termite Control Products

Help Support CattleToday:

skyhightree1":2b2o7xy9 said:
Slick do you think its only available to exterminators or just people with applicators license because i have applicators license

There are insecticides exterminators can get that you can't get with an agriculture applicators license. If they are not labeled for ag use we can't buy them legally. Some of the newer stuff exterminators can get for termites are suppose to leave residuals that last a long time.

B&M Farms":1lzv7uvy said:
skyhightree1":1lzv7uvy said:
Slick do you think its only available to exterminators or just people with applicators license because i have applicators license

There are insecticides exterminators can get that you can't get with an agriculture applicators license. If they are not labeled for ag use we can't buy them legally. Some of the newer stuff exterminators can get for termites are suppose to leave residuals that last a long time.

Gotcha... makes sense but it sucks...

skyhightree1":jgfuely7 said:
Can someone suggest a good affordable termite treatment costs product to use on wood barns ?

Hello skyhightree1,
I suggest you "Termidor" it is great stuff. This foam is awesome. Allows you to spray under cabinets and in walls that are a problem. Just use a nail to poke a small hole down by the baseboard and the included nozzle shoots a stream of foam. There was enough in the can to do my entire job. If you have or are susceptible to termites, then try this.

Termidor is Fiprinil--same active ingredient that's in Frontline flea treatment for dogs.
"Overview
Fipronil is a phenylpryazole insecticide that was registered for use in 1996 (#NPIC). It is a nervous system disruptor effective on contact or ingestion. Fipronil is often used to treat rice seeds, and can be found in several tick and lice control medications for pets.

Chemical Description
Fipronil is a white powder with a moldy odor (#NPIC). Technical fipronil has a low solubility in water and does not bind strongly with soil (#CDPR). In aerobic soils, fipronil has a half-life of 122 to 128 days, where soil organisms degrade it into fipronil-sulfone. The half-life of fipronil-sulfone is 34 days (#NPIC).

Uses
Fipronil is used to control a variety of insects including ants, beetles, cockroaches, fleas, ticks, termites, mole crickets, thrips, rootworms, and weevils (#NPIC).

Fipronil may be found in turf products, seed treatments, pet care products, baits, and termite treatments (#NPIC). Fipronil is commonly used on rice crops, and for the treatment of rice seeds. It is also registered for use on commercial and residential turf. There are currently three tick and flea control products with fipronil for use directly on pets"
http://www.toxipedia.org/display/toxipe ... ronil-NPIC

Warrior is Lambda-Cyhalothrin.
"Chemical Description
Lambda cyhalothrin is a synthetic pyrethroid. It is a colorless to beige solid with a mild odor, and it may have a yellowish color when in solution (#NPTN). Lambda cyhalothrin has a very low solubility in water, and bonds strongly with soil. Its half-life in soil is 4 to 12 weeks. It melts at 49.2 degrees C (#EXTOXNET).

Lambda cyhalothrin is available in powders, pellets, and small capsules. It is also placed in ear tags for cattle (#NPTN).

Uses
Lambda cyhalothrin targets a wide range of insects including aphids, Colorado beetles, and butterfly larvae. It is also used to control insects identified as potential disease vectors, such as cockroaches, mosquitoes, ticks, and flies (#EXTOXNET).

In commercial applications, lamba cyhalothrin is used on food crops, non-food crops, in greenhouses, in and around hospitals, for cattle (in ear tags), and in termite treatments. Residential use can be both indoors and outdoors on homes, ornamental plants, and lawns (#NPTN)."
http://www.toxipedia.org/display/toxipe ... yhalothrin

Having had experience with remodeling a couple of houses that had termite infestation, Boron is the best product to use. One house was infested so bad that we had to rebuild over 1/2 of the exterior walls and replace a number of floor joists. This house had been treated twice by an extermination company but they were so bad that it didn't work. We had to tear out the stoop and even a patio and when we did there were just mound after mound of termite nests. One thing too is termites like moist conditions. If it is always damp and wet under the house it is imperative to fix the problem so that the water can drain away from the house. Also, if you put boron down, you can put it a little heavier next to the foundation, but if you put it too heavy in the yard it will turn the grass yellow.

If you need to replace insulation, use cellulose because it has boron in it as well. Boron is also good to keep other insects such as roaches out too!

Boron is a basic chemical element. This element is found in fruits, vegetables, body care products and some cleaning compounds. It just so happens that it doesn't harm humans in small quantities. However, termites hate boron. Once ingested by termites, the boron interferes with their ability to extract energy from the food (your wood!) that they eat. So, if you coat the wood in your house with boron or chemicals (borates) that contain large amounts of boron, you can repel them from your house.

Boric acid, borax and a chemical called disodium octaborate (DOT) contain lots of boron. These chemicals readily dissolve in water and can be applied with common hand pump spray devices. The fact that the boron dissolves easily in water is its only weakness. If you apply borates to wood that you know will remain dry for long periods of time, termites will be repelled. However, if the wood can get wet, the borates will be leached from the wood and your house will be vulnerable to attack.

cbcr":3mm9z4e3 said:
Having had experience with remodeling a couple of houses that had Top Termite treatment costs infestation, Boron is the best product to use. One house was infested so bad that we had to rebuild over 1/2 of the exterior walls and replace a number of floor joists. This house had been treated twice by an extermination company but they were so bad that it didn't work. We had to tear out the stoop and even a patio and when we did there were just mound after mound of termite nests. One thing too is termites like moist conditions. If it is always damp and wet under the house it is imperative to fix the problem so that the water can drain away from the house. Also, if you put boron down, you can put it a little heavier next to the foundation, but if you put it too heavy in the yard it will turn the grass yellow.

If you need to replace insulation, use cellulose because it has boron in it as well. Boron is also good to keep other insects such as roaches out too!

Boron is a basic chemical element. This element is found in fruits, vegetables, body care products and some cleaning compounds. It just so happens that it doesn't harm humans in small quantities. However, termites hate boron. Once ingested by termites, the boron interferes with their ability to extract energy from the food (your wood!) that they eat. So, if you coat the wood in your house with boron or chemicals (borates) that contain large amounts of boron, you can repel them from your house.

Boric acid, borax and a chemical called disodium octaborate (DOT) contain lots of boron. These chemicals readily dissolve in water and can be applied with common hand pump spray devices. The fact that the boron dissolves easily in water is its only weakness. If you apply borates to wood that you know will remain dry for long periods of time, termites will be repelled. However, if the wood can get wet, the borates will be leached from the wood and your house will be vulnerable to attack.

Hi,
Thanks for sharing these. I already use Boric acid but it doesn't properly. So could you please you suggest me some more effective product that i can try for better result....

TexasBred":h06z9n50 said:
Chlordane use to be good but don't know if you can even buy it anymore.
That and polymer from the refinery spray it under the house you didn't have any insects.
Orthene is about the best over the counter stuff you can get, sometimes sold under Surrender

Hello..
Does anyone suggest me some tips about Termite Control by which I can Protect my Plants and Trees??

wtson123":2t95fnc4 said:
Hello..
Does anyone suggest me some tips about termite control by which I can Protect my Plants and Trees??

Go to your local area pest control service as they have more knowledge and experience of the surrounding.

Hello..
I am looking for some termite control products but not found till now and One product "Liquid Termite Control" I already have but it's not working properly so please anyone suggest me some better termite control product's name?