Terminal or Maternal

Help Support CattleToday:

True Grit Farms":3gqxysyz said:
Jeanne - Simme Valley":3gqxysyz said:
There are "issues" with all breeds. Strictly depends on the breeder and bloodlines being used.
I feel that's only part of the equation. Animals vary to some degree and the person handling the animal can make all the difference in the world.

I agree about handling. We hanle ours very quite and have very few problems and cull those that show any issues. We cut 5 off last week and put them in a small pen with the tealee backed up to the gate. They loaded while we were sorting the rest. We had to cull around 20% of the Balancer sired calves. These were all out of gentle cows whose previous calves had no issues. The bull himself was ok.

Stocker Steve":2y9gdn0r said:
elkwc":2y9gdn0r said:
We had to cull around 20% of the Balancer sired calves. These were all out of gentle cows whose previous calves had no issues. The bull himself was ok.

Sam Ting

I will add during this same time frame we culled one heifer for disposition sired by our Angus bulls. There was one Balancer and 2 Angus bulls during this time. Saw another Balancer sired bred heifer this weekend that will go to the sale as soon as she calves.

Latest posts