terimal limo

Help Support CattleToday:

Beefy":2qwn32vm said:
Caustic Burno":2qwn32vm said:
Wewild":2qwn32vm said:
Caustic Burno":2qwn32vm said:
frenchie":2qwn32vm said:
Anyone running limo bulls here on commercial angus,hereford charalois cows . comments anyone

Ran one for 4 years calfs were great at the sale barn but were the craziest calf's that were ever dropped here. Not one heifer retained in four years. All cows have some brimmer influence most are 1/2 herf or Char.

How do we make it then? 4 years don't make up for 26 more.

Not that we had your expierence at all. We had a worse time with your favorites for about the same length of time.

Good question neighbor runs them and loves them that is one of a few breeds that will never graze here again.
I guess we are lucky there is more than one.
Burnt child is scared of fire I got burned with them.

out of curiosity what are the other few?

Maine wore out a set of chains pulling calfs, I don't care for Simms to much trouble for being hard keepers in this enviroment.
I am stuck in my ways and know it I like British cattle and Brimmers. They do well in the heat.
I will not own another contential breed.

Wewild":2qdno8d3 said:
We haven't every had a problem with a bull that I can recall with Lims. The calves are athletic and sometimes you retain a nut. Probably about the same with any breed.

Lim bashing is for those that haven't walked in the Lim breeders shoes.

I was not trying to come across as a Limo basher..just had a concern .

Dad ran mostly shorthorn/simmental cows..and used mostly limo bulls.
But that last bull scared us bad. He never did use another .

One thing to remember about Limis, Mains, and other European breeds. These animals were dual purpose animals. Not to long ago Limis were pulling a plow or a cart or wagon....Do you really think those folks would have used this breed of animal if it had a attitude. Not likely, unfortunally some of the early bulls brought here had two problems. Temperment and nuts that a tomcat would be ashamed of. I commend the Limi breeders for working on both problems

then I must consider myself very fortunate with the bull I have, and the calves he produces. I havent had one single crazy one in the bunch. Plus, they do well at the sale, which is my main purpose. I just really dont have a complaint.

frenchie":24i96hhi said:
Wewild":24i96hhi said:
We haven't every had a problem with a bull that I can recall with Lims. The calves are athletic and sometimes you retain a nut. Probably about the same with any breed.

I thought you were reviewing the options. I didn't think you were bashing the breed.

I thought it's been a purty good post. I didn't see CB's comments as bashing.

He made a decision same as we did many years ago based on one experience.

Wewild":28d5npbw said:
frenchie":28d5npbw said:
Wewild":28d5npbw said:

I thought you were reviewing the options. I didn't think you were bashing the breed.

that was my intent..

Latest posts