Tennis news for the US.

Help Support CattleToday:

Australian Cattleman

Reaction score
Tenterfield,New England Region NSW,Australia
Serena Williams won the Australian open,beating Maria Sharipova.It was an excellent game. The third time Serena has won the title. She came into the match rated 84 in the world. She has moved up to 14 now. Sharipova is still won. Roger Federer is playing Fernando Gonzalez from Chile at the minute. Its a great game,Fernando beat Tommy Haas from Germany very easily as did Roger in beating US gent Andy Roddick.
Colin

Australian Cattleman":391spr09 said:
Roger Federer won the Australian open in three straight sets.

Heard it on the radio this morning and they're replaying it right now on ESPN2. Haven't paid much attention to tennis since the days of Chris Evert, Jimmy Connors, Bjorn Borg, etc. But Federer sure is something. Not many people as dominant in their sport as he is in his right now.

Roger is a masterful player. Jim Courrier has been commentating and doing an excellent job.Roger is a gentleman,no rubbish no rot no bad manners. Our Lleyton Hewitt is bombing out because he's too big headed and rude now. Our Pat Cash that won at Wimbledon many years ago had the same thing happen to him.Once they start mouthing off and throwing the racket that will be their demise.
Colin

What a win it was for Federer. I felt sorry for him when the judge wouldn't give him the point after one of his challenges, and when he said it wasn't fair, coming from the gentleman of tennis it wasn't fair.

In the 2nd and 3rd set, he really picked his game up and showed why he was the worlds best.

My aunt, who died recently at the age of 85, was one fine tennis player. She loved it. It was the one thing she could watch after her stroke that held her attention and she could actually find words to comment on it. I always loved it when tennis tournaments came on TV while she was in the nursing home. We would sit and watch it together and I would ask her questions like, "Libby, was that really out?" She'd look at me and nod, then explain to me why. It was great.

I so wish she could have watched this tournament.

Alice

Latest posts