Tennessee News

Help Support CattleToday:

MikeC

Reaction score
Sonya "The Black Widow" Thomas Downs 62 Krystals
posted August 27, 2006

Sonya "The Black Widow" Thomas of Alexandria, Va., devoured 62 Krystal hamaburgers in eight minutes at the Chattanooga qualifier for the Krystal Square Off III World Hamburger Eating Championship.

She matched the American record set by Joey Chestnut in November 2005.

Sonya Thomas will now go on to compete at the ESPN-televised World Hamburger Eating Championship Final event in Krystal's hometown of Chattanooga on Oct. 28, where she will square off against the greatest competitive eaters and Krystal lovers in the world for the top-burger title and the first place prize of $10,000.

Sonya Thomas, who has now won the kickoff qualifier three years in a
row, set an amazing pace throughout the contest. Only Takeru Kobayashi has eaten more than 62 Krystal hamburgers in eight minutes.

Coming in second was Chris "The Mad Greek" Abatsas. Abatsas managed 32 Krystals in his Square Off debut.

Shaun Kesler finished 23 Krystals to take third after finishing third three times in 2005.

"The Krystal Square Off celebrates a 74-year tradition of people
enjoying our famous Krystal burger in multiples," said Mike Williams,
vice president of marketing, The Krystal Company. "This year we
anticipate more than 2,000 people to compete in our contests. For some, it's about winning a seat at the final table in Chattanooga, where they'll compete live on ESPN and for a shot at the title and money. For many though, it's simply about having fun with their friends and fellow Krystal Lovers."

warpaint":28d6eoei said:
We got to send an all points bulletin out!
One of Crowders heifers is loose!!! :shock:

You know I kind of pictured crowder standing behind her with a towel around his neck. Cheering her on and massaging her belly to get them down.

Crowderfarms":1afze8pu said:
http://www.sonyatheblackwidow.com/ Not hardly what I expected... A little Chinese gal from VIRGINIA!

If there was one sport us fat guys ought to rule it would be the eating contest. But every champion is some tiny oriental man or woman. :(

I guess if you just eat one time a week, you could eat a right smart. I wish they'd change them rules to something like - how many can you eat in a hour - then we'd talk about it.

Bullbuyer":30grgn9k said:
I guess if you just eat one time a week, you could eat a right smart. I wish they'd change them rules to something like - how many can you eat in a hour - then we'd talk about it.

not sure how this competition was with Krystal's, but usually they eating competition is a times event, like around 12 minutes. That is what is amazing about her, it is how fast she can eat. They are more speed eaters than just quantity eaters.

Latest posts