Tennessee drought livestock assistance program

Help Support CattleToday:

tncattle

Reaction score
I found the 2014 farm bill regulations regarding this but is there a link for anywhere for Tennessee producers? I think tomorrow is the deadline :shock:
Thanks for any help

midtncattle":3vpnsv78 said:
I just missed the deadline. Does any one know of any options for me?

They sure didn't advertise it. I signed up just in time, wouldn't have known about it if I didn't over hear an old timer at the sale barn talking about it. Paid enough to cover my hay cost for this year! :banana:

14 was possibly the second wettest year I can ever remember. Was Tn that dry?

Yes. TN was that dry. We are about to run out of hay. Pastures are so so but hay fields got toasted here.

We heard from neighbors and the local co-op about the program. Absolutely zero advertising that I saw.

midTN_Brangusman":1rl3nol2 said:
Bigfoot":1rl3nol2 said:

Didn't rain for 3 months in my area, fed hay since first of October.

We started first of November. Year before didn't start until Christmas.

We had absolutely zero fescue come out of the summer grasses until winter time.

Even weeds struggled.

ClinchValley":17d7mxln said:
midTN_Brangusman":17d7mxln said:
Bigfoot":17d7mxln said:

We started first of November. Year before didn't start until Christmas.

We had absolutely zero fescue come out of the summer grasses until winter time.

Even weeds struggled.

:nod:

midTN_Brangusman":2h92rcq0 said:
Bigfoot":2h92rcq0 said:

Had less than 9" of rain in 2016 total, and our county qualifies for the LFP for drought relief. Thanks but no thanks, I'll bail my own azz out with my own money. Well M5 bailed me out on some hay. If a person takes bailouts can they still pizza and moan about the government bailing out the car companies and Wallstreet? How about the freeloaders and deadbeats on welfare? I can't see why good people want or expect the government to support or bail them out.

True Grit Farms":3nztp4em said:
midTN_Brangusman":3nztp4em said:
Bigfoot":3nztp4em said:

Had less than 9" of rain in 2016 total, and our county qualifies for the LFP for drought relief. Thanks but no thanks, I'll bail my own azz out with my own money. Well M5 bailed me out on some hay. If a person takes bailouts can they still pizza and moan about the government bailing out the car companies and Wallstreet? How about the freeloaders and deadbeats on welfare? I can't see why good people want or expect the government to support or bail them out.

If it makes you feel better by not taking it good for you bud. I don't want nor do I expect anything, but if its being offered ill be damned if im not going to take it. If the farmers don't use it they will give it to the "free loaders and dead beats".

M-5":2ziikgpy said:
Suckle on the Gov teat. Once started its hard to wean. I assume those that do this would not cull a grown heifer or cow that suckles on another cow. Same dadgum thing i
My mind.

I guess its complicated for you kinda like a scoop of dirt :lol: :lol: .

midTN_Brangusman":3ojh3pty said:
M-5":3ojh3pty said:
Suckle on the Gov teat. Once started its hard to wean. I assume those that do this would not cull a grown heifer or cow that suckles on another cow. Same dadgum thing i
My mind.

Nah it's not complicated. Some folks do it the right way some folks rely on others. You have leaders and followers n everything. I chose to be an example of and not rely on .gov to make my short comings.

M-5":85w9ncf2 said:
midTN_Brangusman":85w9ncf2 said:
M-5":85w9ncf2 said:
My mind.

Nah it's not complicated. Some folks do it the right way some folks rely on others. You have leaders and followers n everything. I chose to be an example of and not rely on .gov to make my short comings.

I pay the government thousands of dollars a year in taxes, I don't see how its freeloading if I accept some of it back.

midTN_Brangusman":1bd0y2km said:
M-5":1bd0y2km said:
midTN_Brangusman":1bd0y2km said:

I pay the government thousands of dollars a year in taxes, I don't see how its freeloading if I accept some of it back.
so I should ask for money if my roofing business slows down due to dry weather. You do what you want but governments role is not to prop up people that failed to plan . the farming industry would not need welfare today if the free market was allowed to work like it should.

Strictly for intelligent debate:
Imho, agriculture can't lend itself to the free market system entirely. We can't have feast and famine in our country. Our food supply is as vital as our military. Between the 2, we're the toughest kid on the block. Government keeps the food rolling (I admit, to excess sometimes) we stay on top.

M-5":1nqkpil0 said:
midTN_Brangusman":1nqkpil0 said:
M-5":1nqkpil0 said:

so I should ask for money if my roofing business slows down due to dry weather. You do what you want but governments role is not to prop up people that failed to plan . the farming industry would not need welfare today if the free market was allowed to work like it should.

The government is offering this funding to farmers, if they don't take it meth head bubbua in the trailer park will get it. But what do I know, I just have a masters in aerospace engineering and work for the DOD, Im sure your much more educated on the matter with your roofing degree.

Latest posts