Tennesee slaughter Plant

Help Support CattleToday:

hurleyjd

Reaction score
Any one know any thing about the Tennessee Slaughter plant being raided by ICE. What happens in the long run.

TennesseeTuxedo":1v8r2odw said:
Just doing the jobs Americans won't do.
Our labor participation rate has continued to drop. To quote our state Senator, "too many programs that pay better than low skilled jobs."

HDRider":msidb5gm said:
TennesseeTuxedo":msidb5gm said:
Our labor participation rate has continued to drop. To quote our state Senator, "too many programs that pay better than low skilled jobs."

I hope you're not proposing we scale back on the safety hammock, er, I mean net.

TennesseeTuxedo":15a39omr said:
HDRider":15a39omr said:
TennesseeTuxedo":15a39omr said:

I hope you're not proposing we scale back on the safety hammock, er, I mean net.
I ain't no mean ole Republican.

hurleyjd":1dyuohb3 said:
Any one know any thing about the Tennessee Slaughter plant being raided by ICE. What happens in the long run.
The story...

U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement agents arrested 97 people after raiding a Tennessee meat processing plant, in what civil rights activists say was the largest crackdown at a single place in almost a decade.

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2018/04/06/ic ... plant.html

The place is at Bean Station Tennessee about a 45 minute drive from me. I have taken older cows there and sold dressed weight instead of taking them to the market and have come out better on some that way. (Their only requirement is the cow has to be able to walk out of the trailer) No way I could work there. I had to wait about two hours one time to unload and about every 30 minutes you could here the gun shots killing the next cows in line and a loader on the other side with a big bucket on it bringing the guts out and dumping in a semi trailer. There was Mexicans everywhere the last time I went and they earned every penny they got. They run the cows down a lane and one area they took a Ruger 10-22 rifle and shot them in the head and hooked a cable and pulled them into the butcher area. I went over and picked the gun up and looked it over between killings. It sure needed a good cleaning.

This may close the place down and it has been there a long time.

jltrent":pwsb1awp said:
The place is at Bean Station Tennessee about a 45 minute drive from me. I have taken older cows there and sold dressed weight instead of taking them to the market and have come out better on some that way. (Their only requirement is the cow has to be able to walk out of the trailer) No way I could work there. I had to wait about two hours one time to unload and about every 30 minutes you could here the gun shots killing the next cows in line and a loader on the other side with a big bucket on it bringing the guts out and dumping in a semi trailer. There was Mexicans everywhere the last time I went and they earned every penny they got. They run the cows down a lane and one area they took a Ruger 10-22 rifle and shot them in the head and hooked a cable and pulled them into the butcher area. I went over and picked the gun up and looked it over between killings. It sure needed a good cleaning.

I used to live in Bean Station, on Cherokee lake. Beautiful place. Worked in Morristown at Jeffrey Chain.

HDRider":341o1zya said:
jltrent":341o1zya said:

I used to live in Bean Station, on Cherokee lake. Beautiful place. Worked in Morristown at Jeffrey Chain.

My wife is from there and her dad ran Wolfe Real Estate in Morristown on Buffalo Trail Road and her brother works at Mahle. Did you know Bug Hurley when you worked at Jeffrey Chain? ( I think he worked in the office and a close kin to my wife) My wife knows a lot of people that worked there before closing and I have been there several times. Down Northshore Drive before you get to Morristown is a pretty place.

jltrent":3jr8walv said:
HDRider":3jr8walv said:
jltrent":3jr8walv said:

My wife is from there and her dad ran Wolfe Real Estate in Morristown on Buffalo Trail Road and her brother works at Mahle. Did you know Bug Hurley when you worked at Jeffrey Chain? ( I think he worked in the office and a close kin to my wife) My wife knows a lot of people that worked there before closing and I have been there several times. Down Northshore Drive before you get to Morristown is a pretty place.
I went canoeing with Hurley down the Clinch. His daughter was with him. Lost the most expensive eye glasses I ever owned on that trip. I knew him well, great guy.

He and I were talking about Iraq, and he said we need to drop "bums" on them. I ask him what good would it do dropping homeless people in Iraq? He said, "No, bums, you know, go boom, blows stuff up."

HDRider":3pvesavt said:
jltrent":3pvesavt said:
HDRider":3pvesavt said:

I went canoeing with Hurley down the Clinch. His daughter was with him. Lost the most expensive eye glasses I ever owned on that trip. I knew him well, great guy.

He and I were talking about Iraq, and he said we need to drop "bums" on them. I ask him what good would it do dropping homeless people in Iraq? He said, "No, bums, you know, go boom, blows stuff up."

The daughter was either Penny or Robin and the "bums the way he talks sound about right." I saw him a couple weeks ago at the funeral home, same ole Bug.

There have been a lot of small towns that have gone by the way side after the only industry was shut down after the ICE raids. A lot of the towns literally die over night. Clayton homes in Sulphur Springs has a big workforce of Mexicans. ALL legal who knows.

hurleyjd":fa826di7 said:
There have been a lot of small towns that have gone by the way side after the only industry was shut down after the ICE raids. A lot of the towns literally die over night. Clayton homes in Sulphur Springs has a big workforce of Mexicans. ALL legal who knows.

We don't need towns full of foreign born lawbreakers in our country, we can raise plenty on our own.

Thin or crippled Cull cow prices hit the gut tank price today. Most of the bad thin, crippled cows from several state area end up at this plant. One of the managers told me today that they called both the employment commission and a temp agency asking for 50 workers and neither could supply them.

hurleyjd":1dm3596t said:
Towns dry up because their businesses hire mostly illegals? Says more about the towns than it does the illegals. Good riddance.

kenny thomas":3b6jnf0j said:
Thin or crippled Cull cow prices hit the gut tank price today. Most of the bad thin, crippled cows from several state area end up at this plant. One of the managers told me today that they called both the employment commission and a temp agency asking for 50 workers and neither could supply them.

The manager hopefully picked up a knife and got down in the trenches. Or did he spent the day sitting around complaining about nobody would work.?

kenny thomas":drtx2fhs said:

I hope they can get some help....the buzzards and coyotes health will improve if not.....

callmefence":pbriuq7x said:
kenny thomas":pbriuq7x said:

The manager hopefully picked up a knife and got down in the trenches. Or did he spent the day sitting around complaining about nobody would work.?
Nope, manager is in his 70"s. They have enough employees to cut up what they had hanging already. After that,unless they can find workers the kill may match the workforce. It might be 30 cows a day,instead of 300.

Latest posts