Tell me what you think of this guy...

Help Support CattleToday:

texanstraders

Reaction score
He's the first calf out of our new herd bull. Shorthorn,born 01/21/09...He's on feed and just started on the halter today..Trying to find a buyer now. What do you think...
DSC_0640.jpg

DSC_0644.jpg

DSC_0646a.jpg

showmom33

Reaction score
He appears to be very clean fronted. I really can't tell much about them at this stage, but he looks good to me! He has A LOT OF HAIR!

showing71

Reaction score
You might want to get the horns removed, the judges don't like that up here, and neither do many buyers. But I don't know how that is in your area.

A

Anonymous

Hairy and horn(y), not the best hair.
Has good strong legs (I think, not the best angle to assess structure)

OP
T

texanstraders

Reaction score
THANKS. His legs are pretty stocky. I listed on Craigslist at $750 at weaning. Ya'll think that's too much?

iowahawkeyes

Reaction score
Couldn't quite tell if he was cut. Are you going to sell him as a steer or bull. I think he is a steer candidate. Yes he is hairy and big boned, but his structure is not great. Weak topline and funky hip structure. I think about market price is probably close to the price I would expect.

chippie

Reaction score
I'd market him as a steer. If he is gentle, he would be a good project for a beginner.
Good luck with your sale.

TheBullLady

Reaction score
Texan.. if you'll PM me, I'll give you a contact number for some folks in central Texas that are looking for a steer.

grand chaser09

Reaction score
looks like a stout little fella. very nice calf. i would love to clip him out. i like all that hair!