Television

Help Support CattleToday:

Frankie

Reaction score
We've been doing the Neilsen Ratings this week. In putting down everything you watch or when you turn the TV set on or off, I've decided that TV is pretty much the pits these days. I hope the writers get lots of overtime and get something on the tube besides the "reality" shows quick. :x

I did it too. They gave me $5 to do it. I like tv, not much to do in the winter here.

Frankie":2xgfs8bb said:
I've decided that TV is pretty much the pits these days.
Couldn't agree more with this statement....hardly ever watch the darn thing unless I want to take a nap! :lol:

We just got rid of most of our channels, we had cable. Just so much bad crap on there especially for a 4 yr. old and and a 21 month old. We now watch about 15 minutes a day, which is usually the local weather.

My husband and I decided to get rid of TV (we got rid of cable and couldn't get any other stations) a few years back - 5? 6?. We just found that there was less we wanted to watch and what we did want to watch had commercials we didn't want to watch. :shock: Now we rent DVD's or buy the series of shows we want to see. It's cheaper (as there are very few) and we don't have to put up with what they put on TV.

I still watch college football and basketball, local news and weather, national geographis and the discovery channel. The other channels hardly ever get a glance.

I'm sorry to have to disagree with everyone. The last 2 years I've started watching more TV if anything. Some of my favorite shows are "Monk" (its on USA), "The Office", "My name is Earl", and "The Sarah Conner chronicles". I probably watch TV for about an hour after work, so maybe 4 or 5 hours a week. I can't stand any of the reality shows. My wife watches "Big Brother" and "American Idol". Thats when I help my kids with homework or hop on the forum. :D

Walt

Hey, Frankie- I seem to remember you being a "24" fan. Any word on when the new season will start? It's the only show I make it a point to watch.

VanC":288rx8xt said:
Hey, Frankie- I seem to remember you being a "24" fan. Any word on when the new season will start? It's the only show I make it a point to watch.

I heard January 2009 before they start the next season. They had eight shows finished, but instead of showing those and making people wait for the 16 others, they've just decided to postpone this season until the next season. :cry:

Frankie":2kt9y7lv said:
VanC":2kt9y7lv said:

I heard January 2009 before they start the next season. They had eight shows finished, but instead of showing those and making people wait for the 16 others, they've just decided to postpone this season until the next season. :cry:

Thanks for the bad news. ;-)

I love "Lost","Sarah Conner" and most anything on PBS..Don't have cable,won't get it until I can "cherrypick" channels..

Latest posts