Television Antenna

Help Support CattleToday:

hurleyjd

Reaction score
Any one here bought and installed one of the long range cheap antennas from Amazon. If so did it work for you. A lot of the reviews spoke highly by a large percent with a small percent posting as not acceptable.

I got this at Wal-Mart for $30.

It is amplified. Works great. 40 stations.

2jesky8.jpg

my parents have one on a pole . Cost was 30bucks iirc they get 12 to 15 channels . Every time I am there its like stepping back in time because gunsmoke , andy Griffith or Beverly hillbillys is on .

M-5":18672dkc said:
my parents have one on a pole . Cost was 30bucks iirc they get 12 to 15 channels . Every time I am there its like stepping back in time because gunsmoke , andy Griffith or Beverly hillbillys is on .

Funny. Same here. I feel ashamed. I started watching Gunsmoke and The Rifleman. Lol

Bright Raven":gc12g72o said:
M-5":gc12g72o said:

Funny. Same here. I feel ashamed. I started watching Gunsmoke and The Rifleman. Lol

wasn't the rifleman gay ???

M-5":35czz597 said:
Bright Raven":35czz597 said:
M-5":35czz597 said:

wasn't the rifleman gay ???

You mean the character or Chuck Conners?

Bright Raven":dmds6hl7 said:
M-5":dmds6hl7 said:

Those are on my cable channels. There are at least three channels that show oldies shows. On Saturday, it's old western all day on one channel.

Bright Raven":18r4an9a said:
M-5":18r4an9a said:

why would you feel ashamed for watching those shows?? Those are the shows I like to watch

ez14.":kfmq0vyb said:
Bright Raven":kfmq0vyb said:
M-5":kfmq0vyb said:

why would you feel ashamed for watching those shows?? Those are the shows I like to watch

I am not ashamed of watching those shows. I should have said that I am ashamed to be sitting in front of the TV. I would rather be out working. But this winter has been a 'sit in the house' winter.

Bright Raven":1mup4m11 said:
ez14.":1mup4m11 said:
Bright Raven":1mup4m11 said:

I am not ashamed of watching those shows. I should have said that I am ashamed to be sitting in front of the TV. I would rather be out working. But this winter has been a 'sit in the house' winter.
oh okay I can understand that

Chuck Connors (rifleman) had 3 wife's and four children. He was ambidextrous,he would shoot with either hand, I saw him sign a paper left handed. :cboy:

we weren't getting very many channels with our indoor one. i bought a new outdoor RCA version at menards. It was around 60 bucks.. its like 4-5 ft wide by 6 ft or so long. looks kinda old school. Works great. we get around 25 channels now. before i think we got around 4-5.

I had the old fashioned outdoor antenna 25 years ago, and I could barely get one channel with a booster because I live in such a low-lying area. Are these modern antennas affected by that as well?

herofan":3sxmbvd3 said:
I had the old fashioned outdoor antenna 25 years ago, and I could barely get one channel with a booster because I live in such a low-lying area. Are these modern antennas affected by that as well?

Yes. If you do not have clear line of sight to the tower, your reception will not be as good.

Latest posts