Tehema Tahoe

Help Support CattleToday:

Weaned the pictured Tahoe bull this weekend ADJ 205 852# he is a stud and very docile. Only one PB angus topped him a Deer Valley Patriot son at just under 900# adj

I'm not the best on frame scores but I would guess he will probably be around 5.5 the Patriot son has quite a bit more frame on him.

Finally followed my better sense and used Tahoe two years ago, after trying to buy a herd bull by him in Tehama's sale. Boyd Beef and Select ended up with him. The calves are consistently good, and the cowherd behind him gives me assurance that the females will be right. Bryce has a no tolerance attitude toward feet, udders

Local SS AI tech recommends Rainfall 6846 or Tahoe B767 or Built Tuff 1010 as cow makers.

Rumor is Tahoe' heifers are slightly bigger Rainfall', and they are known for great udders and mothering ability. "Everyone loves the calves."

Last edited:
Local SS AI tech recommends Rainmaker 6846 or Tahoe B767 or Built Tuff 1010 as cow makers.

Rumor is Tahoe' heifers are slightly bigger Rainfall', and they are known for great udders and mothering ability. "Everyone loves the calves."
Steve did you mean Rainfall 6846 instead of Rainmaker 6846? I find lots of Rainmakers but none that are Rainmaker 6846.

I watch for good bulls for a friend to use in his AI program. Who has Tehema Tahoe and I will have him take a look. Thanks for all the info posted here.

Dap, I agree, I like to see them grown and raising a calf of their own before I pass judgement. So far I would say you're off to a good start.

IMG_7207.jpg

Here's a few calves sired by Tehama Tahoe from first calf heifers, all born unassisted with no problems, they came small and are growing quickly.
I reserve any judgements until I see how they develop, but so far, they seem to have good temperaments and aren't flighty.

J+

Latest posts