teff hay

Help Support CattleToday:

sheepdr

Reaction score
I am in western Nevada and use sprinklers to irrigate. I will be planting teff it it ever warms up snowing today. My question is does teff need to be watered every week or can it go 2 weeks after a couple inches of growth.
Sheepdr

I am interested to see what you find out. Here in SE Oregon irrigation is paramount for hay. I was thinking of interseeding some teff into alfalfa for tonnage purposes, but it is almost a foreign language around here. Are you planting a straight teff stand?

Yes the extension agent in Fallon has been planting and encouraging teff for a long time. His name is Jay Davidson 775-423-5121. I talked to him yesterday and forgot to ask him that question. I called him back left msg. I hope he'll call me back today. I'll let you know. Seed is hard to find here. I'm trying to get some out of Idaho. Found it for 1.60 lb. Cheapest I've found.

Guys in here in new jersey grow it lot for horse hay. I am notilling some this summer after rye. Teff is very nice hay if you cut it exactly the right time. A little late and its worse than straw and my bull wouldnt even eat it when I got it for free. Also when you think its dry wait and extra day then bale. Kings agriseeds I got it from for buck a pound. It was in short supply last year. I dont get how a hay grown in Ethiopia is affected by drought.

Latest posts